INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Build cache for selected handheld  (Read 714 times)

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.
Build cache for selected handheld
« on: February 07, 2010, 10:47:18 am »

When I click on the button to start building a conversion cache for the selected handheld MC goes and starts converting every file in my library rather than just the files that need to be converted to sync the current handheld.

My thinking is that it should convert only the files in the playlists that are selected to sync to the handheld rather than every file.  I have the handheld properties set to sync based on several smartlists.  Conversion cache is set to a custom directory.  All managed by stacks.

My goal is to pre-build the conversion cache before doing the first sync to the handheld.  That way I don't have to leave the handheld (an iPod) plugged in for the many many many hours that it is going to take to convert FLAC files to MP3 for the first sync.  I thought the "Build cache for selected handheld" would do that, but it's not.  Should it be?

I can work aound by creating a local handheld device and syncing to a local directory using the same smartlists as for the iPod.  That will get the conversion cache built with only the files that are set to sync.  Then when I plug the iPod in for its first sync it should grab the files it needs from the conversion cache, I think.
Pages: [1]   Go Up