INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: filenames replaced with numbers when converting and syncing  (Read 1413 times)

iggyiggy

• Recent member
filenames replaced with numbers when converting and syncing
« on: February 08, 2010, 03:31:53 pm »

When I am using the server computer and I convert and sync to a handheld everything works correctly.  The filepaths get written out correctly and the copied/converted filename is correct with the new format.

Example:
10cc\bloody tourists\dreadlock holiday.flac  becomes  10cc\bloody tourists\dreadlock holiday.mp3    on the portable device

when I try to do the same thing from any non-server computer the following happens:

10cc\bloody tourists\dreadlock holiday.flac  becomes  10cc\bloody tourists\.mp3    on the portable device and every additional song filename changes to a number.
.mp3
(1).mp3
(2).mp3

The filenames is not copied over to the portable device.

When I view it through Media Center, the filenames are visible ...(i guess MC pulls the names from the ID shell information)  but it does not write the filename to the device.  All the paths are replicated correctly but all files appear as .mp3   (1).mp3   (2).mp3  etc.  I've been unable to get this to work.  It worked fine in MC 12 but hasn't worked since.

If anybody knows the answer, please let me know so I can stop tearing my hair out.  Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: filenames replaced with numbers when converting and syncing
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 12:05:47 pm »

What type of portable device are you using?

What's the full filename of the file inside Media Center that you're sending to the portable that doesn't work?  I wasn't quite sure what you meant by "non-server".

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

iggyiggy

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 12:46:22 pm »

I have a "library Server" machine set up with my music library.  Most of the files are in .flac format.
I connect to this librsary server with my other machines in the house (non-server).

I am writing to a "swimp3".  an mp3 player that appears in MC as a 1 gig usb memory device. I have tried just generic usb sticks and the action is the same. 

Here is what happens in my tests:
When transferring from the mc server to my client computer with no conversion to MP3 format;
D:\archive_1\3rd Matinee\Meanwhile\Meanwhile -01 - I Don't Care.flac    ------>  f:\Music\3rd Matinee\Meanwhile\Meanwhile - 01 - I Don't Care - 4992.flac

When transferring from the mc server to my client computer with conversion to MP3 format;
D:\archive_1\3rd Matinee\Meanwhile\Meanwhile -01 - I Don't Care.flac    ------>  f:\Music\3rd Matinee\Meanwhile\.mp3

I need to convert the format for my player to work.  Let me know if I can further clarify or need to test further.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 12:54:04 pm »

Which build of MC are you using?  Did you try updating?  140 is current.

iggyiggy

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 01:30:18 pm »

Build 14.0.130

iggyiggy

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 04:01:02 pm »

I just updated to the latest version (server and client) and I get the same results.

JohnT

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 04:07:41 pm »

This bug has been found and fixed.  Please install the next available build.
Thanks.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

iggyiggy

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 04:11:40 pm »

Thanks!  I look forward to downloading the next build when it becomes available.
Pages: [1]   Go Up