INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some VST equalizers that work with MC14  (Read 4540 times)

Frobozz

• Citizen of the Universe
  • There is a small mailbox here.
Some VST equalizers that work with MC14
« on: February 11, 2010, 03:50:15 am »

I recently tried a bunch of free (or very low cost) VST equalizer plugins.  Some worked with MC14 while some did not.  Some were useful equalizers while some were not.  Here's some of the EQs that I found useful for use with MC14.

KarmaFX Equalizer
A 31 band graphic EQ.  Part of their KarmaFX Plugin Pack.  Price is free or a donation.

DDMF IIEQ
A 10 band parametric EQ with knobs.  It is freeware.  DDMF also has some other parametric EQs of the style where you draw an EQ curve on a graph.  Neat.  Price for those is "pay what you want".

EasyQ
A parametric EQ of a style where you create an EQ curve on a graph.  Freeware.

WWAYM NWEQ
A five band parametric EQ with knobs.  Notable feature being the ability to solo individual bands.  Freeware.

LinearPhaseGraphicEQ 2
61 band graphic EQ.  Interesting feature being the UI where you draw the curve and can manipulate the sliders as curves.

Some popular free EQs that didn't work with MC14 are Electri-Q posihfopit edition and NyquistEq.

There were many other EQs that did work but I didn't like them for whatever reason or liked one of these better.

My favorite EQ of the bunch is the KarmaFX graphic EQ.  Easy to use and lots of bands.  The parametric EQs are neat but more difficult to use.  My use for EQ is just for music listening to adjust for quirks in various headphones or my speakers.  I don't do recording or mastering.

And thanks to Matt for the VST plugin support in MC.

gappie

Re: Some VST equalizers that work with MC14
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 04:32:13 am »

thank you..  8)
nice list. i will try some.

:)
gab

kurushi

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 04:39:02 am »

Thank you for this list and specially the linearphase graphic2.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 07:30:22 am »

Frobozz,
Great list!  Thanks!

Jim

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 08:38:18 am »

This change is coming in build 141 which should help with some that weren't working nicely:
Changed: VST visualizers will receive data in smaller, smoother increments improving visualization quality. (requires low-latency playback like ASIO or WASAPI with the "Output mode settings..." buffering slider set to a small value)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kurushi

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 02:37:58 pm »

yep Matt i have seen you're answer on another topic ;) about method for plug-ins.
I hope that my non free plugs will be work this time^^

Lunatique

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 02:58:23 pm »

I just tested a bunch of different freeware and commercial VST EQ's lately too (and also spectrum analyzers).

Freeware wise I like EasyQ as well and it's my go-to EQ at the moment for just headphone tweaking. I like parametric with a graph because I can see the effects of each band and how they affect each other. While KarmaFX EQ is nice, you can't see the actual visual representation so you have no idea how neighboring bands are affecting the actual amplitude of a particular band.

For commercial EQ's, I like FabFilter Pro-Q, Redline EQ, and Voxengo GlissEQ.

Spectrum analyzers I like the most are BlueCat's FreqAnalyst Pro (although it does not work in MC for some reason--it doesn't show up at all), VoxengoSPAN, Stillwell Audio Schope, and Nugen Audio Visualizer.

kurushi

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2010, 09:30:30 am »

I have some fun with this^^

Pages: [1]   Go Up