INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cordless phone suggestions?  (Read 2085 times)

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Cordless phone suggestions?
« on: February 11, 2010, 10:40:56 pm »

Need a 3 handset set.  So far I've figured out that I want some DECT 6.0 phones and that people hold Vtech in higher regard than I do.

Any reason for me to not buy the Panasonic KX-TG1033S?  Anyone else make a decent handset?

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
Re: Cordless phone suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 01:19:10 am »

Siemens has always made good stuff

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2010, 10:30:16 am »

We picked up the Panasonic KX-TG7434B (4 handsets + base units, black) and have been generally happy with it.  It starts sputtering a bit when you get too far from the base station.  When in range, it has worked well.  It is great finally having the phone book + status of received calls and messages always automatically in sync.  The talking caller announcements are funny.  Battery life is a little lower than our previous models, but we almost always leave them resting in the chargers.  No biggie - we're not long talkers.

Here's a basic comparison.  Too many N/As in the columns though, several incorrect.

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vModelComparisonResults?storeId=15001&catalogId=13401&catGroupId=75070&surfCategory=DECT%206.0%20Phones&cacheProgram=11002&cachePartner=7000000000000005702&items=330240|334251|
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 10:07:30 am »

Hi DP

and that people hold Vtech in higher regard than I do

Ya, I was the same way.

We have always bought the Panasonics, but about 10 mts ago we bought the Vtech

and are much happier with them.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 04:25:55 pm »

Which ones?

And why are they better?  They just sound better?  Longer range?  I liked my Vtechs when I first got them but they are breaking down.

Griff

• MC Beta Team

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2010, 11:25:27 pm »

I have a KX TG 1062M (often listed as a 1061)
I like it because the base is usable even in a power failure.
You can add handsets to a max of 8 I think, maybe 6.
It comes with 2 and the base of course.

DarkPenguin

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 12:15:13 pm »

I ended up buying the Vtech's you listed below.  (CS6229-3)  They were $41.28 on clearance at Target.  They are SO much better than my previous vtechs it isn't funny.

The Panasonics do the same.

Some info. about my model:

http://www.amazon.com/Expandable-3-Handset-Cordless-Answering-CS6229-3/dp/B001S2PKGS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1266109010&sr=8-1

and

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=Vtech+CS6229-3&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=2628947783993289658&ei=oEx3S9meONCWtgeTnZG-Cg&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CCMQ8wIwAg&os=reviews#

Manual:

http://www.vtechphones.com/vtechui/support/manual.cfm?manualID=490786

No matter what brand you buy, make sure there is a return policy, in case you dont like the product.

Hope this helps

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 10:59:35 am »

We went with the Uniden system (TCX905) a couple years ago when we were looking.  I found it excellent for a few reasons:

1. Very good price - $30 per handset instead of typical $60. I find today that they doubled the price to $50 - $60 per handset--they caught onto the bargain.
2. Good expandability - we actually use the max of 10 handsets + base station with no phone. Had to buy phone/charger which left us with spare phone that we used when one handset developed some problems. This gives us 11 spaces.  Would like 12 + base station and would then call this excellent.
3. 2-line - use landline plus skype adapter to get US (and worldwide) calling at a great rate on line 2.
4. Excellent intercom capability with named handsets - no speaker phone while on intercom though.
5. Speaker phone is good, call quality is good.  Phone book is good, would be excellent if it automatically synced.  I manually add a number on ONE phone and then send the number to each phone (about a minute process to send to the other 10 handsets).
6. Room monitor - remotely listen to a room (can be disabled). Useful for having phone in laundry and listening for beep or listening for doorbell from basement (or baby monitor).
7. Directlink to use phones standalone as walki-talkies anywhere (away from base station).
8. Global setup: time, date, AND do not disturb (only turned on from base station) which disables ALL ringers.  Very handy for late night incoming calls.
9. Would like answering machine but it was either 2-line OR answering machine.  Using separate unit for that.
10. Very compact base station fits into small built in we have specifically for the phone (wires fed through hole to setup on back).
Pages: [1]   Go Up