INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Preserve "Sort by" when "view as" changes in a View scheme  (Read 1088 times)

e-head

• World Citizen
Preserve "Sort by" when "view as" changes in a View scheme
« on: February 14, 2010, 11:37:31 am »

I have a view scheme that does a custom sort, and the "view as" is set to "panes and album thumbnails". Sometimes I want to view it as "panes and details", but whenever I do the custom sort gets lost. Is their any way to preserve (lock) the custom sort for the view scheme but allow the "view as" to change around?

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Preserve "Sort by" when "view as" changes in a View scheme
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 04:06:25 am »

i think a better way to switch between details and thumbnails is to use the toolbar buttons for changing list styles. you could add those to the top or bottom toolbar. i use them to switch the way you desribe all the time. works fairly well.

:)
gab

e-head

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 02:01:02 pm »

Cool. I never knew you could modify the top toolbar (really a menu bar, no?).

Anyway, that's pretty cool but the custom sort order I have set up in the album thumbnail view still seems to get lost.

Actually, I think I figured out the problem is I have "group by" set to "album". If it's not set, the sort order is just fine, so I guess I'll unset it.

Setting "group by" obviously fiddles with the order, but I thought the effect of "group by album" would be more or less the same as viewing "album thumbnails". For some reason it isn't.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 04:08:50 am »

maybe it is also nice to know you can modify the bottomtoolbar. its where i set the switches for the listviews for instance.

:)
gab

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 01:48:26 pm »

If you are using the "Set rules for files display" ... I already (and again) reported this bug.
In order not to loose your settings add a second modifier e.g. limit to 1000000 - that way your settings are saved.

Pages: [1]   Go Up