INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lose library every time I close program  (Read 885 times)

Whiteshore

Lose library every time I close program
« on: February 19, 2010, 06:51:00 am »

Help! I "upgraded" from Windows XP Professional x64 to Windows 7 Professional x64, then reinstalled JRiver Media Center 14, and now two things happen every time I open the program:

1. my library is completely gone, lost, and
2. the program automatically starts (re)importing files to the library (all unassigned, of course).

Why is my installation not saving the information I assign? (The songs I rip from CD are still in my Windows Music file.)

Another problem, this one with Windows 7: I get a wierd, echo effect when I play music back, even though I've turned off every filter and effect I can find. This happens whether using J River Media Center or Windows Media Player, so I assume it's something to do with the operating system. But it makes music unlistenable!

I would deeply appreciate any help! Thanks,
Eric,

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Lose library every time I close program
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 07:23:10 am »

Just stop the import and find a backup of your old library.  MC makes them automatically.

File/Library/Restore Library.

For the echo, go to Window Control Panel/Sounds and check your settings.  Try the playback tests there. 

In MC, switch the Playback between Direct Sound and Wave Out.  If you have a digital connection to a receiver, try WASAPI.
Pages: [1]   Go Up