INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yellow tint/tinge on MC 14.0.155 on new laptop  (Read 2599 times)

clintster

• Recent member
Yellow tint/tinge on MC 14.0.155 on new laptop
« on: March 13, 2010, 09:51:31 am »

I have just installed MC 14.0.155 on my new dell E6400. Divx/Xvid movies in avi format play perfectly in Windows Player and AcdSee but have a yellow tint/tinge when played through MC.

I have not installed any separate codecs and I don't believe our IT department installed any either. I also can't see any installed codecs in the control panel.

Any ideas?

tsmoke

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Yellow tint/tinge on MC 14.0.155 on new laptop
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 01:11:20 pm »

I have just installed MC 14.0.155 on my new dell E6400. Divx/Xvid movies in avi format play perfectly in Windows Player and AcdSee but have a yellow tint/tinge when played through MC.

I have the same problem. I think its source is somewhere between MC and ffdshow. Unfortunately I can't find any solution.

clintster

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 03:34:31 pm »

MC developers, any ideas? Please help  ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 03:38:57 pm »

Try the DirectShow article on our wiki.  Consider installing CCCP.  Uncheck the three options for task bar icon for Haali and FFDShow when you install it.

clintster

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2010, 03:57:35 pm »

Thanks for your reply.

I remember reading that article and that the suggestion was to install CCCP. I thought there would be a better solution - Why would third party codecs be required when the built in Windows Media Player has no problem playing videos on my new machine?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 04:17:27 pm »

Thanks for your reply.

I remember reading that article and that the suggestion was to install CCCP. I thought there would be a better solution - Why would third party codecs be required when the built in Windows Media Player has no problem playing videos on my new machine?
Because the built-in codecs may not be available to other parties.

I think there is also a DivX article on the wiki.

Something about your DS filter setup isn't right.

clintster

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 01:08:10 pm »

Your last statement about my DS filters not be configured correctly put me on the right track.

I went to the file associations screen in MC and changed the Playback Method for avi from "JR Video engine (using DirectShow filters)" to "Windows Media Player Engine (WMPE)". This removed the yellow tinge!  ;D

My question now is, is there any disadvantage of using WMPE over JR Video Engine?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2010, 10:24:55 am »

My question now is, is there any disadvantage of using WMPE over JR Video Engine?

JRiver engine offers more features and more control.  If want to explore, you can go back to JRiver video engine (using DirectShow filters) and try selecting different filters (decoder and video renderer).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up