INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 14 Video and Playing Now  (Read 1801 times)

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
  • I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
MC 14 Video and Playing Now
« on: February 20, 2010, 05:23:06 pm »

I have a slight problem with MC 14.  Whenever I play a video file every other file in that current view scheme gets added to Playing Now.  After the video I want has finished playing all the videos that were added begin to play.  Is there a way to change both of these behaviors?

Media Center 14.0.148 registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Workstation 6.1  (Build 7600)
Intel Pentium III 2596 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 4192 MB, Free - 2976 MB

Internet Explorer: 8.0.7600.16385 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.7600 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.1.7600 / Shell32.dll: 6.1.7600 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive L:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 100
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: hp       DVD-RAM GH40L      Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices: M:\,HP_960

Device info dump for 'SanDisk Cruzer (H:)':

WMDMName: Flash
DeviceUID: $$?$wpdbusenumroot#umb#2&37c186b&0&storage#volume#_??_usbstor#disk&ven_sandisk&prod_cruzer&rev_8.02#2203600ed890d68c&0##{f33fdc04-d1ac-4e8e-9a30-19bbd4b108ae}$0
CanonicalName: \\?\wpdbusenumroot#umb#2&37c186b&0&storage#volume#_??_usbstor#disk&ven_sandisk&prod_cruzer&rev_8.02#2203600ed890d68c&0##{f33fdc04-d1ac-4e8e-9a30-19bbd4b108ae}$0
VendorName: ; VendorID: 1921
ProductID: 21512; FirmwareVersion: 8.02
WMDMSerialNumber: 75
WMDMWriteOurOwnPlaylists:
DeviceType: 0; DeviceID: 2203600ED890D68C; DeviceName: SanDisk Cruzer; UnsupportedDevice: 0
IsDrive: 1; DriveLetter: H:; DrivePath: ; MainDriveLetter: H:
IsJanusCapable: 0; IsIpod: ;iTunesDBVersion:
SupportsAlbumArt: ; AlbumArtEnabled: 1; CoverArtTagRule: 0; SaveCoverArtToFolderJPG: 0
GetPlayStatsFromDevice: 0; SupportsFolders: -1; PlaylistFormat: 0; EjectMode: ; AlwaysPumpCOMMessages: 0
SupportedFileTypes: *
MemoryTypes:
InstallURL:
ApplicationName: Media Center
ImageName:
RootBasePath:
AudioBasePath: Music\[Artist]\[Album]\
ImageBasePath: Images\
VideoBasePath: Video\
DataBasePath: Data\
PlaylistBasePath: Playlists\
DatabaseBasePath:
AudibleBasePath: Audible\
MatchKeyExpression: If(IsEqual([Media Type], Image), [Name][File Size, 0], [Name]Clean([Artist], 1)[Album][Genre]FormatNumber([Track #, 0])[Media Type])
ChangeKeyExpression: [Rating]
ResyncIfDateModified: 0

Interface Plugins:
  EQdb (Active)
  last.fm
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC 14 Video and Playing Now
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 05:48:03 pm »

I have a slight problem with MC 14.  Whenever I play a video file every other file in that current view scheme gets added to Playing Now.  After the video I want has finished playing all the videos that were added begin to play.  Is there a way to change both of these behaviors?

In MC Options, you can set the behavior.  Try the search there.  I think it's under General/Behavior.

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 05:55:15 pm »

The weird thing is that the behavior for audio and that for video are different yet there is only one set of settings for both, where you mentioned.  Audio behaves correctly; it adds the single song I select to Playing Now.  Video does not.  But there are not settings specifically for that aspect of video files.

rick.ca

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 07:14:45 pm »

The relevant settings appear to be General - Behaviour - Double-click and Play button. I suspect you have the first set to Replace Playing Now (single) and the second to Play visible files. You would then get the result you describe if you are double-clicking to start an audio track, but using Play to start a video. Otherwise, the behaviour may be confusing, but is seems to be consistent.

I set Double-click to Replace Playing Now (all) and Play button to Play visible files because I want all visible audio tracks to be sent to PN when I double-click one track. Unfortunately, the same applies to video, where I want only the selected item to play. But I seldom notice that, as I tend to stop a video when it's finished, and then PN is cleared or replaced. I do agree it would make sense for there to be separate settings for video, and a Play selected option for the Play button.

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 08:18:20 pm »

I agree, there should be separate setting for both audio and video in this regard.  Another thing that has me stumped is why  every video in the category gets added to PN when one files is added.  Without that behavior there would be no need for setting that tell video what to do, as there would be no PN problem.

rick.ca

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 09:14:18 pm »

Another thing that has me stumped is why  every video in the category gets added to PN when one files is added.

That's what I was trying to explain. If you're using Play to start a video, then the Play button - Play visible files setting must be causing that. If that's not the case, I'm stumped too—I can't otherwise reproduce what you're describing.

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 09:33:22 pm »

That's what I was trying to explain. If you're using Play to start a video, then the Play button - Play visible files setting must be causing that. If that's not the case, I'm stumped too—I can't otherwise reproduce what you're describing.

I never use the buttons to play or stop.  I usually just double-click or use the context menu entries.  So I cannot explain this either.  I sure would like to see this change (hint hint).
Pages: [1]   Go Up