INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Philips Pronto with MCE and 2-way feedback?  (Read 2982 times)

Health Nut

• World Citizen
Philips Pronto with MCE and 2-way feedback?
« on: February 23, 2010, 02:27:42 pm »

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with J River Media Center and Philips Pronto Controllers.  I purchased an RS-232 and IR extender and was hoping to control Media center with the Pronto MCE ...  I'm not quite sure how this works, but I have someone working on it now.  Apparently you can get 2-way feedback to the remote?  Anything I need to know?  Is there a server mode I need to engage?  How does this work?

Thank-you,

Chris

Health Nut

• World Citizen
Re: Philips Pronto with MCE and 2-way feedback?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 07:02:35 pm »

Anyone have the Philips 9600 or 9800 touch screen controllers?  Anyway, just wondering about MCE since apparnetly you can get 2-way feedback with MCE using the Pronto..  I think I just need the IP address of my computer or pssibly from a server mode of Media Center....  Hasn't anybody done this?

Health Nut

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 04:20:47 pm »

Hi,

I'm really dependent on this forum for technical support.  My programmer is asking me for the IP ADDRESS for Media Center so that Windows MCE interface or something like that will work.

1)  Is there a server mode that needs to run for Media Center

2)  How do I find the IP address for J River Media Center?

My HTPC is connected by ethernet and apparently the remote via the extender can do 2-way feedback with Media center, I only need to know the IP address of Media Center to make this happen via Windows MCE.

Please help as there is no tech support otherwise...

Thank-you,

Chris

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 04:25:59 pm »

I think the programmer must mean the IP address of your machine.  Windows Start/Run/CMD, then type ipconfig.

But he may be expecting something we don't do.  He could try the trial version to set it up locally.

MC won't do anything special for the Pronto.

More details might help.

MrHaugen

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 06:04:48 am »

The reason you don't get that much help is probably that there is not many users using the Philips Pronto series with MC14.

If it works with Windows Media Center it will probably work with MC14 as well. At least to control your Media Center. When it comes to the two way feedback I'm not sure. Not many other controllers that uses Wifi. Wifi is  needed for Two-way feedback of cover art, now playing etc.

To get the Pronto to work on the Media Center you would probably have to install an app or driver  that translate the Wifi signals to MC commands. The IR extender probably work from Wifi to IR, to be able to control your other AV equipment. No  point in using this for your HTPC I think. It would in best case only be used to send commands to the HTPC. No feedback. That is my theory at least.

As Jim said, check out the IP adress with ipconfig in the cmd prompt. Hit windows button and r and write run. Then write ipconfig and hit enter. You'll have to set the IP address as a static address so it does not change when you restart the computer. DHCP is not good to use this. The pronto might stop to work one day.

The manual can tell you more on how to set up the controller with the HTPC I think. I'm out of ideas.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying
Pages: [1]   Go Up