INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lost Playlists  (Read 1331 times)

gvag

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Lost Playlists
« on: March 02, 2010, 04:32:24 am »

I upgraded from MC9 to MC14 yesterday and just noticed that all my play lists are empty.  The play list names and groups are there but there are no tracks in them.

Help! I have weeks maybe even months of work invested in these lists, how can I recover them.

Thanks

George

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Lost Playlists
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 05:07:56 am »

I assume you imported an MC9 library to MC14.

The internal playlists are automatically kept in sync with the media files. Possibly the media files are not in exactly the same place and MC14 has imported them as new files. If that happened the playlists are empty because the old files do not exist in the library anymore.

Cold you provide more information? Did you move the files, did a drive letter change, do you use a different Windows user account, do you use a different OS or PC, etc ?

If you still have a backup copy of the MC9 library it may be possible to mass change the filename paths inside the library.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

gvag

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 04:48:04 pm »

None of the possible reasons you listed apply.  I prevented MC from doing a full system scan looking for media and pointed it to the two folders I want monitored.  F:\Music\ and S:\Videos\.

Now I've tried to import my old library from MC9 and it has the same problem the playlists don't have any tracks in them.

Thanks

George

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 05:29:30 pm »

You might install MC10 and see if it doesn't find your MC9 library.

If so, then go to MC11, and so on.  You might be able to skip every other version.

Old versions can be found from a link in our FAQ or on the wiki under "Old Versions".

gvag

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 02:05:52 am »

Jim -

I'm in the process of restoring my playlists.  What I did was open MC9 and export all the playlists that I wanted to keep.  And seeing as MC14 retained the structure of the playlist groups/albums I opened an Explorer window on the exported playlists and dragged them into MC14.

The only problem I ran into was is MC14, after a time, would stop accepting the drag 'n drop playlists and I had to close it and restart.  Then start dragging lists again until it stopped accepting then...

A wee bug I'd say.
Pages: [1]   Go Up