INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC14 team, Please help.  (Read 1364 times)

baba100

MC14 team, Please help.
« on: March 04, 2010, 04:59:10 am »

Hi all,

1.It’s not possible to create dynamic playlist, so when I add media file to folder the current playlist will update – yes even with smart list. If you think it’s possible please send a guide.
Creating “smart list” is based on the playlist user create before, which mean the date taking from the list, not from the actual folder location! So if you have delete media files in the playlist it will show also in the smartlist
and we going back to the problem, Every time we want to add new media files, we need to update manually the playlist
worst – if we delete files from the files locations (hard drive folders) we need to delete it  manually from the playlist.

2.After install CoreAvc (http://www.coreavc.com/) for decoding MKV, etc…  and configure MC14 to use it – MC14 freeze
 the only way to fix it is to reinstall MC14, is it not help just to reconfigure MC14 back

3.Please add: take Thumbnails from 00:05, 00:018 etc…

4.PLEASE add auto update for playlist

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MC14 team, Please help.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 08:07:55 am »

1.  A smartlist with rules will be updated when new content is added.  If you're using in any kind of client/server mode, this may not be true.

2.  This is likely to be a bad filter or filter configuraton.

It's best to post a single topic with a subject that describes the problem.  If you start a topic and don't get a response, try adding a "bump" post.

MrHaugen

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 08:08:21 am »

1 & 4. Dynamic Playlists is called Smartlists. They DO update with new music. If you base your playlists on static playlists, new music or videos will not be added of course. You'll have to use other criteria for your smartlists. Such as Rating above 3, genre = Rock or Electronica, Tempo above 130 etc, etc. Add a smartlist and try out the different options. You'll figure out how to make rather complicated smartlists in no time. Easies way would be to add smartlists based on directories. To be able to use smartlists fully you'll need to tag you're media correctly though. Examples are: genre, rating, tempo, intensity, style, actors. MC can try to update some of this for you, and there is lots of plugins and other apps that can update your tags.

2. I'm not sure of the freezes happens. It can be a faulty config of the video decoders. I would suggest you install CCCP for most video playback. It just work in most cases. When it comes to 1080P HD movies, yes, you'll might have to use CoreAVC. I've added CoreAVC many times after installing CCCP, and have had few problems. To configure the video stuff, go to Options -> File Types -> Matroska Video under Video (just an example) -> Set Other Filters as CoreAVC. Also try the source filters and different renderers to see if anything changes.

3. The thumbnail capture setting have been asked for several times. I support you that one. It's not THE most important feature, but it's quite annoying when MC crates thumbs for several seasons with the same dull black picture, credits etc.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 08:09:52 am »

3. The thumbnail capture setting have been asked for several times. I support you that one. It's not THE most important feature, but it's quite annoying when MC crates thumbs for several seasons with the same dull black picture, credits etc.
Pause playback and right click to get the option to save the frame as a thumbnail.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 08:22:26 am »

Smartlists explained in your previous request for the same:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=56237.msg382245#msg382245
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up