INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dvd audio and other Issues  (Read 2025 times)

What!

• Recent member
Dvd audio and other Issues
« on: March 04, 2010, 09:33:12 am »

I just found this wonderful program a few days ago and bought MC14 for the great media handling this program has, one of the best In my opinion.

The question I have Is ( and yes I did a search, or tried anyhow) concerning DVD Audio and ASIO/WASAPI playback. A strange occurrence happened to me on Win 7 and Vista when changing the sound output to either of the two bit matched settings; i.e... the first time you enable these formats windows loses all sound to everything but MC14? If you switch back to DS Windows sound works fine, and when you switch the sound settings back again to Wasapi/Asio
Windows sounds again work fine?

The DVD Audio question Is about playback. The file or DVD your playing at the time just stops after a certain period of time and wont start again unless you start the file or DVD over, and then It cuts out again? I don't know If this happens all the time as I've only listened to one DVD long enough for this to happen. Just happened again under Win 7.Vista Is what I use mostly for playback with audio, but now this same problem has happened with two different audio cards, but they have the same driver base, wonder If this could be driver related...maybe, but I doubt It. I'll also test this with my Prodigy HiFi 7.1 to see if this happens with that card also. I also notice what sounds like a touch of distortion with DVD Audio playback, this does not happen with other files or formats that I know of yet. I'm trying out a different DVD right now to see If this happens all the time. I tried another DVD and the same things happens, I hope this Is not a bug.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Dvd audio and other Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 10:58:13 am »

.. the first time you enable these formats windows loses all sound to everything but MC14? If you switch back to DS Windows sound works fine, and when you switch the sound settings back again to Wasapi/Asio
Windows sounds again work fine?
If you are using WASAPI, exclusive mode will prevent access to the sound device from any other program.

What!

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 11:14:23 am »

Still does not explain why DVD Audio just quits playing with MC14, even Creative's messy software would play DVD Audio fairly well with no distortion or stopping :P

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 11:17:07 am »

It shouldn't quit.  Did you try other settings?

Check under Tools/Options/Video.

What!

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 01:56:50 pm »

I unchecked Win acceleration to see If this helps as In the past this has been known to cause Issues. I'll be able to check the distortion or graininess Issue In a bit when my new speakers and receiver get here. I'm also tempted to Install another audio program to triple check the audio hiccups.

Good program all In all though, at least as far as features go.  How the heck do you get this program to show bit depth from the display? I've checked the Wiki and Googled this and can't fine an answer.

What!

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 03:03:23 pm »

Maybe I spoke to soon? This program does not seem to support DVD Audio properly. It's been a long time since I messed with DVDA but now that I played one through my DVD player and noticed the difference In audio and accessibility; as far as the program does not display the menu properly.

When used through MC14 all you see Is the play list? When used In a DVD player you get all the options, surround,stereo,videos,DTS..etc

I should also add that the darn program changed my region zone for DVD's when I first Installed  the program and played a DVDA, strange  ? It changed It to an unspecified region  ?

Kind of a small kink for a program that packs so much In It. I just hope this Is not a "Jack of all trades" scenario. :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up