INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom trackinfo tooltip?  (Read 2275 times)

EpF

• Citizen of the Universe
Custom trackinfo tooltip?
« on: March 08, 2010, 04:06:59 pm »

Is it possible to create your own custom track info tooltips? I'd like to have just the description field show for tv show episodes...

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Custom trackinfo tooltip?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 10:28:27 am »

I'm also very interested in this feature. I'm not modify the "name" field in their videos and would like to see my field(s) instead of default. And in bottom status line too  ::)

darichman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 07:24:49 pm »

One criticism of MC has been where to display the metadata for files once you have it. The difficulty is naturally:
  • useful metadata will be different for different media types
  • users make use of some default fields but not others (ie have their own preferences)
  • (many) users make use of custom fields

I think the file info panel works really well in theatre view. Perhaps the same idea can be used in other areas of the program as well? Maybe a standardised approach for areas of the program which display information might be a good idea. Just a quick thought, but current areas which display information about the selected/playing file are:
  • Playing Now Bar ("Customize Display"): This is customisable, but you can't use different displays for different media types (without using expressions at least, which may not be apparent to the casual user).
  • Pop-up tooltips are not customisable (hence this post!)
  • Track Info Templates. These are largely user-designed. The default ones look quite dated here. I'd even go so far to remove some of them. Some users have shown that some great templates can be made (Advanced Track Info is a good example) but unless you know html (I don't), then customisability is not a possibility here.
  • Tiles: A new display option (and hopefully a work in progress.
  • Theatre View File Info Panel: This works very well. It's flexible in that it allows you to specify different preferences for different media types, and allows the use of expressions and display titles for different fields as well. One of the best new features of the last 12 months IMHO :)

It is my hope that these sorts of things might become available in more areas of the program:
  • a file info panel for Standard View". This could show in playing now, or even in a split view off to the side.
  • we really need to get some information displayed in 3D view. This could turn into a true cover flow with useful information displayed at the bottom as you scroll through.

A recent post on customising tiles, which could be equally applicable to tooltips and some of the above options:
There could be two nice options here I think:
  • A configuration dialog like the one used for file info panel in theatre view
  • A text-editor where you could create templates with formatting and fields/expressions etc (eg bold, italicise, change font size and position of fields) - think of track info templates

makersjam

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 08:08:54 am »

Any progress in this area? I would absolutely love to be able to edit the tooltip content.

This is really the only way I use the program and to have better info in the tooltip would be freakin great.

MM_switcher

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 07:37:52 am »

I can fully subscribe to this. I just switched from the foc Mediamonkey to the paid MC, and think MC is really worth the money: Lots of functions, frequently updated program with quick bug-fixes, very active and helpful forum.
Perfect for me, if there wasn't the issue with the track info: I tried several of them: either dead download-links, plugin not working in MC17, or displaying just a basic information.

Currently for me the only thing (besides an embedded window for Minilyrics) I'm really missing is a track info plugin similar to this:

Any chance for something like that?

Pages: [1]   Go Up