INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How can I delete a single Portable Device  (Read 1285 times)

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
How can I delete a single Portable Device
« on: March 15, 2010, 02:09:12 pm »

I originally posted this in the Portable Devices forum but that forum does not seem to be very active compared to the main one and no replies and no new posts after two days...

I have a WinMo phone that has gone through some ROM updates, so now MC sees it as a different device than before so appends (1) to the end of the name.  I can't rename it back to what it was because MC thinks the old device still exists.  I would like to remove the old device from MC, but I don't know where that information is stored. 

I've searched through the Windows registry (found one device, but not the other 5 I have) done syncs to and didn't find any reference to the device name in a "search in files" operation.  I thought I used to know it was in some XML file, but it's been years since then and MC may very well have changed the way they do things. 

I do not want to remove and re-detect all devices, it would take way too much time to redo all the settings for the various other devices.  How can I selectively remove a device from MC?  Can I?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How can I delete a single Portable Device
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 02:25:23 pm »

You have to do the re-detect all devices.

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 02:29:38 pm »

Bummer.

Hope the ability to delete individual devices will be considered for future releases.

Thanks for the quick reply.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 02:41:06 pm »

you could remove it using "remove and ignore" if you could reconnect it in it's original state. Can you roll back the device update?

-marko.
Pages: [1]   Go Up