INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Licensing MC15  (Read 4279 times)

Alexx

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Now I feel wonderful!
Licensing MC15
« on: March 26, 2010, 07:49:00 am »

Okay, I have this huge pile of money just waiting in reserver to license MC15.  Now all I need is a link....

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Licensing MC15
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2010, 10:05:42 am »

We'll send a truck over.  ;)

We will begin selling MC15 licenses in a few weeks.

Alexx

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Now I feel wonderful!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2010, 10:39:36 am »

We'll send a truck over.  ;)

A pickup truck?  I guess I can wait a week.  I've been using 15 exclusively since day one.

Alexx

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Now I feel wonderful!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2010, 10:48:48 am »

Speaking of generating revenue.  Does JRiver sell geegaws?  I could use a Media Center mouse pad, mug, and ballcap.  I'd also like a Matt Ashlin bobble-head so i can snap it once in awhile if I felt he was goofing off.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2010, 11:42:30 am »

Speaking of generating revenue.  Does JRiver sell geegaws?  I could use a Media Center mouse pad, mug, and ballcap.  I'd also like a Matt Ashlin bobble-head so i can snap it once in awhile if I felt he was goofing off.

I'd like a Jim H. Media Center Jack-a-lope
. . . the game is rigged

Alexx

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Now I feel wonderful!
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 11:54:21 am »

I'd like a Jim H. Media Center Jack-a-lope

Do they really exist?

Alexx

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Now I feel wonderful!
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 12:13:30 pm »

Jim, please forgive our humor.  We are just expressing our joy at the commencement of a spanking new MC.  I for one, would be willing to upgrade at the full $49.98 price, IF, I were recognized as a Media Center Benefactor, or something....  Just a thought.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 01:19:55 pm »

Jim, please forgive our humor.  We are just expressing our joy at the commencement of a spanking new MC.  I for one, would be willing to upgrade at the full $49.98 price, IF, I were recognized as a Media Center Benefactor, or something....  Just a thought.
That's a very nice offer.  Thank you.

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 01:28:46 pm »

sometime in the past two months there was a short thread regarding 'premium' support, benefactor status, etc, etc.

Not much came from it, perhaps it's time to re-start the conversation.

I believe that a sticking point was that the existing paid-user-license support should NOT be changed or reduced and that we were hard pressed to find premium features to add to a premium license status that wouldn't piss off traditional users.

Alexx

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Now I feel wonderful!
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 01:41:12 pm »

I believe that a sticking point was that the existing paid-user-license support should NOT be changed or reduced adn tghat we were hard pressed to find premium features to add to a premium license status that wouldn't piss off traditional users.

I was simply thinking of maybe the word Benefactor beneath my Post Name in the forum.  Nothing fancy, just pride for me that I was helping an outstanding product continue on into the future.  I don't want a special custom player, or my name in lights, or any such thing; mostly just an opportunity for me to contribute to this company and their families.  I love this program, and I want to support it as much as possible, and the best possible support is MONEY!!! Of course, I still would love a ball cap so that people could ask me about it and then get a breathless five hour lecture and subsequent tour of Media Center.

That's all I meant.  I didn't mean to start a forum war or anything.

Alexx

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Now I feel wonderful!
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 03:31:56 pm »

There, I just registered MC 15 for 24.98 instead of the probable $14.95 that will probably be offered.  I couldn't register it for $49.98 like I wanted, but at least I was probably the first to register it as is, and nobody will have their feelings offended.  I think.

Now I feel wonderful!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 03:36:40 pm »

Thank you.

Alexx

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Now I feel wonderful!
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 03:45:35 pm »

Thank you.

No, thank you!  This is the greatest shareware program that I know of and it is a pleasure to support it.  I simply cannot imagine how many lines of code it takes to put this all together, or how you all keep track of it.

Thanks Again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up