INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.17 Beta -- Available Here  (Read 7053 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 15.0.17 Beta -- Available Here
« on: April 03, 2010, 06:12:07 pm »

This is a beta version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter150017.exe  (requires an MC15 license)

15.0.17 (04/02/2010)

1. Changed: A default auto-import on a fresh install will no longer search network drivers.
2. Changed: Changed count-down for automatic import on a fresh install from 20 seconds to 30 seconds.
3. New: Quiet option for the external audio encoder. Prevents command window popup.
4. New: Added DLNAExtra in advanced options for the DLNA server. Adds extra information when content is delivered.  May help on Samsung TV's.
5. Fixed: When starting up a movie that took a while to load (like an MP4 on a server), the player could freeze until playback started.
6. Changed: When opening a file for playback in full screen, a little animated icon is shown next to 'Opening...'.
7. Fixed: Floating player bars could appear on mouse movement in Theater View.
8. Changed: Improved handling of 'naked' VOB files that aren't in a DVD folder with an IFO so that the VOB files play like simple MPEG files.
9. Fixed: No default base path was being specified for downloaded video files.
10. Changed: Playback Method for mp4, m4a, 3gp types will default to DirectShow (previously they might default to Quicktime).

15.0.16 (04/01/2010)

1. Changed: Revised timeout to June 30, 2010.
2. Changed: No longer works with a Media Center 14 license.
3. Fixed: Playing an image from Cover View didn't nicely jump to full screen display and back.
4. Optimized: Improved performance of all tree and list drawing.
5. Optimized: Improved performance of core thread-parallelizer which is used in many places to run multi-threaded loop code.
6. Optimized: Thumbnail drawing code for file lists is faster.
7. Fixed: Doing multiple simultaneous external conversions at once could cause a hang.
8. Changed: "Lookup DVD Info From Wikipedia" available for all videos; renamed to "Lookup Movie Info From Wikipedia...".
9. Changed: All skins use a floating playerbar in full screen modes, even if they don't provide dedicated FullScreenPlayer artwork.
10. Changed: Cover View shows left tree and top player independent of one another.
11. Fixed: Scrolling text in a floating player window in Display View or Cover View could draw incorrectly.
12. Changed: The 'Cover View' icon only appears in library view headers instead of the headers of all views. (still available from View menu with any view)

15.0.15 (03/31/2010)

1. NEW: New tooltips with bigger art and more information for videos.
2. NEW: Added new tool 'Lookup DVD Info From Wikipedia...' available on a right-click for any DVD.
3. Changed: More fixes and optimizations on JRiver URL Reader filter.
4. Fixed: Default Video Renderer selection ("Automatic") for video playback since build 11 was VMR9 instead of EVR even though EVR was available.
5. NEW: Added several stock fields for videos: Gross Revenue, Budget, Cinematographer, Editor, Distributor, Prequel, Sequel, Music By, Language.
6. Changed: Improved support for putting a space after the semi-colon in a list-type field for improved readability. (please report any issues)
7. Changed: Improved naming and labeling of ripped DVDs during import.
8. Fixed: Dragging and dropping ripped DVD folders into the library or a playlist could make a mess.
9. Fixed: Auto-import could incorrectly detect ripped DVDs as changed and update library information from tags.

15.0.14 (03/30/2010)

1. NEW: Added new option 'Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization' to Options > Audio that plays a little silence when first opening an output (or changing formats) to allow audio hardware to synchronize. (needed for devices like the Bel Canto USB Link that otherwise crop a little of a new signal)
2. Fixed: DLNA, transcoded music files could be from 1-8095 bytes short if not falling on a 8096 byte boundary.
3. Changed: Add file extensions for audio and image files in the content directory for DLNA. Some renderers improperly key off of the extension.
4. Fixed: Facebook upload status. Now an action window.

15.0.13 (03/29/2010)

1. Changed: MC will install MP4Splitter if it is not already found on user's computer before playing an mp4/m4a file, if the user has not selected any filters.
2. Changed: Further tweaks in mp4 file graph-building.
3. Changed: Improved artwork for Cover View toggle at top right of view.
4. Changed: Cover View only shows the playerbar when the mouse hits the very top of the screen.
5. Fixed: Cover View did not allow forward / back shortcuts.
6. Changed: Cover View hides file lists at the bottom of a library view showing category thumbnails.
7. Changed: Navigation tree appears when moving mouse to the border in Cover View.
8. Changed: F11 includes 'Cover View' when looping through available full screen views.
9. Fixed: Possible DLNA deadlock during especially high DLNA device activity.
10. Changed: Transparent borders in Display View and Cover View fade into view instead of snapping into view.

15.0.12 (03/26/2010)

1. NEW: Added new 'Cover View'. (Ctrl+5 or arrow at top right of views)
2. Fixed: Action Window > Camera could fail to create the output path.
3. Fixed: The French language was corrupted.
4. Fixed: Possible threading dead-lock during high activity DLNA usage.
5. Fixed: Playing a file to a DLNA device from WebRemote's Playing Now list could play a different file.
6. Fixed: DVD could fail to play if an old video renderer selection value was out of range in the new system (build 11 only).

15.0.11 (03/24/2010)

1. Fixed: DLNA device resubscription was not working (only applies to build 9).
2. Changed: Revised DLNA device resubscription system so that a single failed attempt to subscribe won't stop future retries.
3. Changed: Switched WebRemote's default port to 52199 (to stay in the JRiver network / DLNA range of 52100 to 52199)
4. Changed: Some changes are made in DVD video renderer selection. Sorry, you will need to make a one time re-selection of DVD video renderer.  Other video types should not be affected.  Please report any irregularities (other than "my DVD video renderer was changed").
5. Optimized: The program is less aggressive about updating playback information for remote zones that are not active.
6. Changed: Improved how DLNA controlling detects changes in playback state to provide more reliable and faster track changes.
7. Fixed: The playback status ('Playing', 'Paused', etc.) would not update correctly for DLNA zones.
8. Fixed: If there was a failure contacting the Netflix API, it would keep trying every 1/4 second forever.
9. Changed: DLNA engine keeps a list of naughty devices that advertise themselves (sometimes over and over) but are unreachable to avoid communicating with faulty hardware.
10. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks to Bytestar).
11. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks Benoit de Corn).
12. Changed: Optimized Netflix API calls so we'll be less likely to burn through our daily quota.  With all my testing we burned through the quota today however (sorry!).
13. Fixed: Some AIFF files created in dBpoweramp played with a brief noise at the end.

15.0.10 (03/24/2010)

1. NEW: Added a DLNA connection status manager for each device that nicely handles device disconnection, reconnection, communication errors, and more.
2. NEW: DLNA framework responds to alive and bye-bye messages from devices so that the device list updates faster.
3. Fixed: Thread locking issue with DLNA subscription management that could cause a hang.
4. Changed: Added a timeout set to the end of April.
5. Fixed: A crash while playing images at the same time as audio in the same zone could leave a dangling 'Images' zone that would cause issues.
6. Changed: Toggling through zones will no longer stop at the internal 'Images' zone used during simultaneous audio and image playback.
7. Fixed: last.fm plugin was not installing properly.
8. Optimized: Improved performance of some core libraries.
9. Fixed: MPC input plugin was linking in unused code, making it larger than it needed to be.
10. Changed: When restoring settings in a library backup, the program attempts to switch paths targeting old versions to the current version.
             (if you have already restored a v14 library to v15,
              you should manually clean up paths pointing to Media Center 14
              by using regedit and searching / replacing here:
              HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 15)
11. Fixed: If DirectShow DSP property pages were already showing in DSP studio when playback started, the pages appeared to be inactive, until DSP studio was closed and reopened.
12. Changed: Removed outdated Girder files from Media Center 15\Extras folder.
13. NEW: Added the ability to create / update translation files using Google Translate. (as always, please contribute any language improvements back to JRiver)

15.0.9 (03/23/2010)

1. NEW: WebRemote allows changing appearance, port, and views in Options > Network.
2. Fixed: DLNA could unnecessarily event a 'LastChange' with no changes in it.
3. Fixed: It was not possible to add 'Playlists' back to a DLNA server's views once it was removed.
4. Changed: Revised bordering and some styling in default WebRemote appearance.
5. Changed: Better progress message is displayed during downloading and installing DirectShow filters.
6. Changed: MC inserts FDShow Video decoder (if available) during graph-building for mp4/m4a and flv files if the user has not selected any filters.
7. Changed: MC gives MP4 Splitter higher preference than Haali Media Splitter when playing mp4/m4a files.
8. Fixed: Rare crash related to DLNA renderers and volume handling.
9. Optimized: DLNA device subscription occurs in a low priority background thread instead of the main thread.
10. Optimized: Revised how DLNA device searching works so that fewer device description requests are made.
11. Optimized: Revised communication mechanism used for DLNA subscription and eventing for better performance.
12. Fixed: Turn off video support by default for UPnP devices that don't support video.
13. Fixed: Return sane DLNA strings for the MC renderer which didn't have the full information needed to do so.

15.0.8 (03/22/2010)

1. Changed: A few fixes and optimizations to make JRiver URL Reader filter work better.
2. Fixed: WASAPI plugin was not available (only applies to last few builds).
3. Fixed: WebRemote could crash during very high activity image serving.
4. NEW: Added support for if(...) statements and loop_no_first / loop_no_last in HTML template engine used for WebRemote.
5. Fixed: WebRemote would show an incorrect item at the end of the list.
6. Optimized: Numerous improvements to WebRemote server performance.
7. Changed: WebRemote skips levels with only one item so going into an artist with one album goes straight to files, etc.
8. Changed: MC will try downloading an MP4 splitter if it fails to render an mp4 video / m4a audio.
9. Changed: Revised WebRemote layout system to use the physical device size for page sizing (like mobile Wikipedia, etc.)
10. Changed: WebRemote no longer shows an empty image in Playing Now when playback is stopped.
11. Fixed: DLNA could expose internal zones like the image playback zone.

LonWar

Re: Media Center 15.0.17 Beta -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 07:16:45 pm »

Congrats on the new version Jim and Crew!!

I haven't been around for a long time, but I still use the program. I upgraded today, Keep up the great work!
-

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 08:08:27 pm »

Hi Lonnie!  You're missed around here!  I suppose you must have gotten a job.  Too bad.

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 11:00:33 am »

Tools-Options-Tree & View- Advanced-right click recent command count.

The count changes, but when you right click it is stuck on locate. there is no recent commands.

UPDATE:   It does save recent cammands for some things. 

It does not save  LOCATE ..name
                        Locate .. Artist
                        Locate.. album.

it just saves LOCATE

There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 05:10:24 am »

When Visualisations are playing rather than cover art, changing volume control does not update properly, so you have no idea what the volume is at until you let go of the volume control.

Also when changing volume control with 3d cover art, the cover art judders.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 06:01:51 am »

When Visualisations are playing rather than cover art, changing volume control does not update properly, so you have no idea what the volume is at until you let go of the volume control.

Also when changing volume control with 3d cover art, the cover art judders.

Volume control works for me, but it judders the visualization. Does it to all vizs. Also, I get what appears to be a redrawing issues where the volume slider is.

kurushi

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 05:59:31 pm »

Hi i have already reported this issue but sorry i can't find the post...
Cover view appear if i press F11 or if i click on the icon but
ctrl+5 & ctrl+6 show me a detached display (with the cover) and a white border around it but no cover view.
Is my set up or a bug?

Quixote

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2010, 06:35:35 pm »

1. Changed: A default auto-import on a fresh install will no longer search network drivers.
2. Changed: Changed count-down for automatic import on a fresh install from 20 seconds to 30 seconds.

Thanks, however...

There's a few things still inherently wrong with the Auto-Import feature

• The Advanced Import countdown is still not that obvious unless you're looking for it
  • It takes 7 seconds for the Action Window to display they Advanced Import countdown
  • MC apparently always tries to import when opening an empty database

SOLUTION:
Just open the Media Import dialog when the application opens with an empty database and then remember the setting if the user chooses "No Import"

I understand you want to cater to noobies who don't know where there files are, but the program gets way too intrusive without warning for experienced users who are using the application for the first time.

Case in point: I had my wife install MC for her computer.  When I went to configure it for her, I had to spend 10+ minutes clearing out the database because she was afraid to stop the importing process because she didn't know what it was doing.

I think it's a great idea to do Auto-Importing, just give the user an conscious choice if they want to do it.

Thanks.

capnizzy

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 15.0.17 Beta -- DRM ERROR Can't use Performer Store
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 11:47:09 pm »

Windows Media DRM Error:
A problem has occurred in the Digital Rights Management component. Contact product support for this application.

I continually get this error message, and can not use Performer Store which I've already paid for as of yesterday.

I have done the following:
* Uninstalled and Reinstalled MC 15.017
* Upgraded to a registered copy of MC 15.017 (paid upgrade today)
* Uninstalled and Reinstalled MC 15.017
* Upgraded version of IE to V8
* Upgraded Windows Media Player to V11

I did the last two items due to some readings on the internet. Not sure if they have anything to do with the problem, but figured it couldn't hurt. Actually after uprading the Microsoft Apps.... I was at least able to login to Performer Store, and the 30 sec. timeout for songs was removed. This was one step better than what I was getting before... but the end result was still the same. Erroring out with a DRM issue.

Please advise on a fix if possible.
If not, please instruct me on how to unsubscribe and get my credit card reimbursed.

Thanks
Paul

CadErik

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 01:16:30 am »

This is a beta version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Any chances this http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=56036.0 could be fixed?
Cover Art support for nokia devices would be nice too...

Erik.

fhelenius

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2010, 03:30:22 am »

Hi
I have upgraded to the latest version and really like it.

I have some wishes for improvement - I really would like you to consider:

- support for dtswav - dts is supported but not dtswav.

- Tagging - If I tag an album which is on more than 1 cd with the "disc#"-filed - other program like foobar doesn´t read this tag and use another field here for this information. Can this be corrected ?

- Playing now - Track info - I would really like you to develop on these functions - I often tag files with info in the comments field - these tags are only shown in "dreamstate" and in a poor way. The "Track info box" could be used more effectively and also here eg. have links for wikipedia, youtube, last-fm... The Track-info functions do not use the whole screen.

- I also have the problem with I cannot use Kernel streaming - when choosing it shows no hardware - Wasapi works really good.

Please answer :)

Frank

vagskal

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 04:15:38 am »

The media buttons on my keyboard (Logitech) used to work with MC14 (Win 7, 64-bit). After upgrading to MC15 they do not. The Next and Previous buttons do nothing. The Play/Pause button does nothing; if a song is playing, pressing this button just shows the volume in the Now playing window (but playback is not paused). The Stop button works like the Previous button used to; if a song is playing pressing the Stop button does not stop playback but moves to the previous song. The Volume knob still controls the volume. As before the option for Media Key Mode is set to Automatic.

I have MC14 still installed, but the media buttons no longer work in MC14; they now work the same (faulty) way as in MC15. Is there anything I can do?

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2010, 02:10:55 pm »

I have MC14 still installed, but the media buttons no longer work in MC14; they now work the same (faulty) way as in MC15. Is there anything I can do?

They work for me.  I've had to reboot in the past when this occurs.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

vagskal

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2010, 02:28:10 pm »

They work for me.  I've had to reboot in the past when this occurs.

Thanks for the tip. I have already rebooted at least a couple of times, but the media buttons on the keyboard do not work for me any longer.

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2010, 04:21:53 pm »

On a new install, it isn't importing the date info from the tag.  I noticed a couple of fields "comment1" and "chartdata" are not listed for the column layout.

Tunetyme
Pages: [1]   Go Up