INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCE remote configuration for use with MC15  (Read 1285 times)

zuiko

• Recent member
MCE remote configuration for use with MC15
« on: April 10, 2010, 06:48:03 pm »

I went through and assigned buttons on my MCE remote (chinavision clone) in Remote Control setup but many do not work. The only thing I can think of is that they may be getting intercepted by Win7 first... but I'm not sure. Any suggestions? I can't get pause, ch up/down, skip next skip prev to work. They map OK in the remote control setup but do nothing when used in the program. Fast forward, rewind, up, down, left, right, and back work OK.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MCE remote configuration for use with MC15
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 08:01:45 pm »

In MC Options for Remote, choose "Devices and Options" to check what is active.  Try activating both HID and MCE.

zuiko

• Recent member
Re: MCE remote configuration for use with MC15
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 10:55:55 pm »

If I had both options selected nothing worked at all. I then tried switching it to just MCE (HID was selected by default) and it worked a little differently (all the previously working stuff seemed to work along with CH +/- which did not work before), but I still can't get skip next/skip prev to work.

If I try to use the learn command screen in MC setup the buttons actually execute their function rather than teaching the command when the remote is setup in MCE mode. For example, if I pick next, click start learning, then press Page down on the remote, it will move to the next page of commands rather than learning the command for the page down button.
Pages: [1]   Go Up