INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory not working?  (Read 2143 times)

stefansmith

• Junior Woodchuck
  • 1.2TB - 3500 albums - FLACs
Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory not working?
« on: April 11, 2010, 10:00:10 pm »

Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory doesn't work for me.
My cover art is stored in the same folder as the flacs as cover.jpg
In preferences > file location > cover art , I have the option 'in the same folder as the file' ticked.
Quick find not working, which means I have to do 'Add from file' and navigate to the jpg for each album.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory not working?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 10:31:52 pm »

It uses the rule [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album].jpg.

"cover.jpg" is not an available option. Perhaps you could rename all cover.jpg files to folder.jpg and use that naming option.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

stefansmith

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 11:01:09 pm »

Thanks for the reply.

But cover.jpg worked perfectly for me in MC13 and before (I skipped MC14).
And in the cover art location options, there are two options (as folder.jpg or not specified).

So to me it seems this feature is either broken, in which case it can be fixed.... or else it was ditched sometime after MC13?

If it is ditched, I can rename my 2,600 cover.jpg files to folder.jpg. Can anyone suggest a quick way to do that?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 11:42:08 pm »

The tool was changed to more restrictive in MC14.

Previously it found either [Album Artist (auto)] - [Album].jpg or folder.jpg files depending on your chosen naming option (the "not specified" option uses the rule based system). In addition it also linked any jpg file if the file folder contained only one jpg file. The latter doesn't happen anymore. I am not sure why it was changed, but maybe some users found it linking images that were not intended to be cover art.

If you have a library backup file from MC13 you can restore it and have all old cover art links intact.

If you want to rename the files you can do the following:

1. Set MC to not import and play files automatically when they are added to Playing Now.
(Options > General > Importing & Tagging > untick: Automatically import files when played
and Options > General > Behavior > untick: Start playing when files added to Playing Now)

2. In Windows Explorer search for "cover.jpg"

3. Select all found files and drag them to MC's Playing Now list (clear the list first).

4. Select all files in Playing Now and use the Find & Replace tool for changing the filenames (tick only the Filename (name) field, Find what: cover.jpg, Replace: folder.jpg).

5. You can now clear the Playing Now list and use the "Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory" tool for linking the renamed files.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 12:28:13 am »

Previously it found either [Album Artist (auto) - [Album].jpg or folder.jpg files depending on your chosen naming option (the "not specified" option uses the rule based system). In addition it also linked any jpg file if the file folder contained only one jpg file. The latter doesn't happen anymore. I am not sure why it was changed, but maybe some users found it linking images that were not intended to be cover art.

I think it was because some users had hundreds of tracks in a single folder with one folder.jpg file.

maid

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 09:27:21 am »

I have my cover art the same name as the file eg 2001.avi 2001.jpg

How does the folder.jpg work? Is this an easier way to store cover art?

Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

stefansmith

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 04:17:38 pm »

The tool was changed to more restrictive in MC14......

Thank you very much for the detailed reply, it's all very clear now.

maid

Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV
Pages: [1]   Go Up