INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bad Apple  (Read 1560 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Bad Apple
« on: April 13, 2010, 10:28:52 pm »

The kind of closed door attitude that Apple has:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/Burnette/?p=1904

3.3.1 — Applications may only use Documented APIs in the manner prescribed by Apple and must not use or call any private APIs. Applications must be originally written in Objective-C, C, C++, or JavaScript as executed by the iPhone OS WebKit engine, and only code written in C, C++, and Objective-C may compile and directly link against the Documented APIs (e.g., Applications that link to Documented APIs through an intermediary translation or compatibility layer or tool are prohibited).

"With that single paragraph, Apple appears to have put the kibosh on hundreds of applications already on the market or in the works, and destroyed a cottage industry of companies building cross-platform development tools that had hoped to bridge the gap between iPhone, Android, and PC programming. Let’s take a look at who stands to lose the most."

"Lee Brimelow, an Adobe platform evangelist, famously wrote “Go screw yourself Apple” on his personal blog after hearing of the change."

gappie

Re: Bad Apple
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 12:09:02 am »

one day they will come back on this i guess. for now they surf on their own hype thinking they can do it all..

:)
gab

grandlulu

• Junior Woodchuck
  • GrandLuLu from Paris, impressed by MC!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 04:04:28 pm »

Bon, moi je vais revendre mon nano 5G, dommage, il a toutes les fonctions que j'attendais sauf... marche pas avec mc15, bad, bad, bad !
Best regards ; Cordialement,
GrandLuLu
- Paris, France

gappie

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 04:21:34 pm »

Bon, moi je vais revendre mon nano 5G, dommage, il a toutes les fonctions que j'attendais sauf... marche pas avec mc15, bad, bad, bad !
i thought the 5th generation of apple worked with mc?

:)
gab
Pages: [1]   Go Up