INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello and first impression of Theater View  (Read 1343 times)

fredphoesh

• Junior Woodchuck
Hello and first impression of Theater View
« on: April 29, 2010, 06:30:59 am »

Hello guys,

I am very impressed with this software, particularly in Theater mode for use with a large TV and HTPC...

Particularly, I love the way it plays music and shows cover art and semi-transparent images downloaded from the web played in the background... NICE!

An enhancement to this that I would say is my #1 wish, is for another view to have album art on one side and a biography or album review on the other side. Now that would be incredible. Lyrics would be nice too, but a biog and review just fantastic. I know songbird does this, but songbird is extremely unstable, slow and unusable IMO.

The only thing I really don't like is parts of the navigation when in Theater mode. When you press ESC it should go back to the previous level. Its irritating and unintuitive having to press a combination of left and up arrow strokes to get back. HOME key should take you to the Theater mode home. The menus can be a bit sluggish, and I have noticed sometimes the order in Theater mode is not the track order, which is odd, it should always be by default.

But well done for lovely software!

Thanks
Mark.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Hello and first impression of Theater View
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 06:54:09 am »

Thanks for the kind words and welcome to the forum.

Left arrow always takes you back, even from deep down the list.

F11 will rotate through views.  Shift F11 switches differently.

A MC remote is the best way to navigate.  Ad above.  The Green Button brings up the home menu.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 07:02:40 am »

BACKSPACE seems to always directly take you back to the previous level/screen no matter where you are.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

The Mastermind

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 07:40:26 am »

Definitely a remote is the best way to go.

I used a gamepad to navigate for a while until I picked up a remote. I configured it using the joy to key program. It was pretty efficient at navigating around theatre view.

fredphoesh

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 09:30:29 am »

Hi guys
Thanks for the replies... and Backspace is a great help.

I noticed that my library did not update after I had changed some tags in Tag & Rename. One of my compilation albums had each artist's name in the Artist field instead of "various", and this caused each track to be a new artist, which I dont like, so I changed the artist field to "various" and restarted MC. The tracks are still showing up as different artists in Theater view. In MC normal view, the Artist column does say "various" for all the tracks... Update Library from Tags and Tags from Library does not help either.

Thanks,
Mark.
Pages: [1]   Go Up