INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Forcing take over of file type associations in MC15  (Read 1530 times)

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Forcing take over of file type associations in MC15
« on: April 30, 2010, 06:59:46 am »

As far as I can remember it was possible with MC14 and earlier to take over all the selected file types associations. This does not seem to work in MC15 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

If I take over audio/video file type asscociations with Windows Media Player or other players I cannot force MC15 to take them back, even though I understand that setting the file type to "automatic" should take over when doubleclicking on a audio/video file.

For example: Selecting a wmv video inside MC15 works, Doubleclicking the same wmv file in Windows Explorer starts Windows Media Player???

It seems to me that the file type association mechanism has changed quite a bit in Windows 7? Any ideas how to take them back globally? Thank you for helping!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Forcing take over of file type associations in MC15
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 07:38:37 am »

I think there have always been problems if you had two programs who you had assigned the same filetypes.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 07:41:17 am »

No, I just want to revert everything back to MC15.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 07:51:03 am »

Did you remove the file type associations in Windows Media Player's options? Perhaps Windows 7 restores them automatically if they are set in WMP.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up