INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Client wont Connect to Server - SOLVED  (Read 2009 times)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Client wont Connect to Server - SOLVED
« on: May 01, 2010, 02:45:24 pm »

I decided to upgrade our Server/Client to MC15 and now the Client wont connect to the server.

I installed MC 15.0.32 on both the WHS machine and on one client. Now I can't connect to the Server from the Client. Both machines still have MC14 installed but not running. I disabled the 14 Service on WHS and enabled the 15 Service. Under 'Services' confirmed that it has started. Also rebooted the server twice and the client once.

On the Client when I do File, Library, Search for Library Servers I get this after a short time: Failed to Find Local Media Server. I have also tried to use the old Server URL 192.168.1.103:81 that used to show when 14 was connected. I get the message: "MC Failed to load the library 'Connected Library' and will attempt to load the previously selected library".

I had been running the sever/client configuration successfully for several months. I could try going back to 14, but would sure like to find out what's keeping 15 from finding the server.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks very much.
Rod

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Client wont Connect to Server
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 03:35:09 pm »

Did you configure the server in Options > Network > Library Server? You need to start the server (tick "Library Server > Share your library, playlists, and views") and optionally set the TCP port number (the default port number may have changed in MC15).  Personally I use a high number in the 60000+ range.

Naturally you must allow MC15 to connect the other MC15 instances on all involved PCs. You may need to adjust the Firewall settings on each PC.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 03:46:53 pm »

Did you configure the server in Options > Network > Library Server? You need to start the server (tick "Library Server > Share your library, playlists, and views") and optionally set the TCP port number (the default port number may have changed in MC15).  Personally I use a high number in the 60000+ range.

Naturally you must allow MC15 to connect the other MC15 instances on all involved PCs. You may need to adjust the Firewall settings on each PC.

Alex - Thanks very much. The Share your Library, etc. setting did it. I kept looking and looking for some setup that could be the problem. Should have spotted that one!

Thanks again.
Rod

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 04:04:07 pm »

Maybe the IP address or the port have changed on the server.

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 04:12:30 pm »

Maybe the IP address or the port have changed on the server.

The URL did change when going to 15. But as I noted above the Client can now connect to the Server after following Alex's suggestion.

I still have my original issue of Video's not playing. Think I'll close it out on the 14 thread now that I've upgraded and start a new thread here.

Thanks,
Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up