INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.35 -- Available Here  (Read 7007 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 15.0.35 -- Available Here
« on: May 03, 2010, 10:15:39 am »

This is a beta version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter150035.exe

15.0.35 (4/29/2010)

1. NEW (Experimental!): Remuxing of television recording (digital television only, i.e. ATSC or DVB-T) jtv files to MKV.  Requires Haali Matraska Muxer filter which is part of Haali Media Splitter installation.  Select jtv files, and go to Tools > Advanced Tools > Convert Format...
2. Changed: It is no longer possible to create a new library in a non-empty folder (the program requires full control over its library folder, and deletes files in that folder that are obsolete or foreign).
3. Changed: List-style fields like image keywords are saved to the database with spaces after delimiters. ("Al; Bob" instead of "Al;Bob")
4. Changed: Doing a manual 'Quick Find Cover Art' will force a rescan of a directory for art (previously could use a cached scan up to one minute old)
5. Changed: MCWS (developers web service) is available on a client using protocol commands. (i.e. on a local webpage, mc15://MCWS/v1/Playback/Pause)
6. Changed: The Library Server root page has a link to connect to the server (requires Media Center to be installed).
7. Fixed: Crash in "Export to iPod..." when trying to export unsupported media types.

15.0.34 (4/28/2010)

1. Fixed: Converting some audio formats that played using Directshow filters would not work properly.
2. Changed: Import dialogs are now sizable.
3. Fixed: When using large fonts, the auto-import configuration dialog would not show 'Add' in the menu of commands.
4. Fixed: AIFF could appear multiple times in file association / import type lists.
5. Fixed: The .mpeg file type no longer associated with audio, only video.
6. Changed: When connected to a library server or in party mode, export to iTunes is disabled.
7. Changed: More library commands like 'Back Up Library', etc. are disabled when in Party Mode.
8. NEW: Added expression functions IsPlaying() and IsInPlayingNow().
9. Fixed: The Theater View television view 'By Program' was including groupings for previously deleted recordings.
10. Fixed: Uninstall could leave an entry for running Media Server on Windows startup if that startup mode had been selected by the user.
11. Changed: When locking all views in a three view split view configuration, the other two views are unlocked (it's not valid or possible to lock all views).
12. Fixed: When copying a file in Explorer to the clipboard then pasting it as the cover art for a file in Media Center, the source file could be erased after setting the art.
13. Changed: When setting cover art from the clipboard, a string version of a local filename will also be accepted (along with a URL to an image, an image, or a system file object)
14. Fixed: Pasting multiple files from Explorer to the cover art of files could cause a crash.
15. NEW: Television views of recorded television in Theater View can be fully user customized.

15.0.33 (4/27/2010)

1. Changed: Improved Twitter formatting for video and television files, switched to #nowplaying header.
2. NEW: Added favicon support to Library Server, WebPlay, and WebRemote.
3. NEW: Library Server Home Page with links when visiting the root of a library server. (i.e. http://libraryserveraddress:[port] shows a page with links to http://libraryserveraddress/WebRemote/, etc.)   See Server Home Page for more information.
4. Fixed: DSP setting changes for 'Tempo & Pitch' were no being saved.
5. Changed: Image thumbnail frames also draw in mixed lists of images + video instead of only being used in image-only lists.
6. NEW: Added the ability to lock a playlist to prevent unintended changes to the order or files.
7. Changed: When controlling a DLNA device, a stop command is issued before switching tracks to help with devices that don't like switching tracks while playing. (may help Pioneer receivers, etc.)
8. Internal: Revised how view headers create and display their buttons. (please report any issues)
9. NEW: DLNA Server, added thumbnails (if they exist) to the item[ description in the content directory if DLNAExtra is set.

15.0.32 (04/26/2010)

1. Fixed: While importing videos or generating thumbnails MC caused some third-party application windows to flash repeatedly, if JRWorker used Enhanced Video Renderer.
2. Changed: Much improved 'Change Subscription' dialog in Performer Store.
3. Changed: Added 'ASX' link next to items with WebPlay for improved Windows Mobile support.
4. Changed: When closing the options dialog with the 'X', the user is prompted for whether they want to save or discard changes.
5. Fixed: Performer Store login was broken since build 30.
6. Fixed: Clicking a column header in the bottom file list of a library view with the top list focused could cause changes to be discarded.
7. Fixed: When grouped, the view header menu for the bottom list in a library view would say 'Sort By' when it should have said 'Sort Inside Groups By'.
8. NEW: Added support for AC3 / DTS pass through when using the JRiver audio renderer.
9. Changed: The smart number handler that makes 5 sort before 10 (even though 5 sorts before 1 alphabetically) only handled up to 32-bit integers; now handles up to 64-bit integers.
10. Fixed: When playing audio in JRiver audio engine (using DirectShow filters), MC output white noise if no decoder was selected by user, or if user-selected decoder's output was SPDIF.
11. Fixed: Audio played in JRiver audio engine (using DirectShow filters) could be played at the wrong speed in some cases.
12. Changed: DSP Studio Filter feature for video playback is removed.  Users needing to use DSP studio in video should use JRiver Audio Renderer directly.  JRiver Audio Renderer is selected in Tools > Options > Video > Audio for Video, DVD, & Television > Playback device (set it to "Same as device used in audio playback").
13. Changed: DLNA flags for WMA files.
14. Changed: Cover Art handling for image and video files in the DLNA server.

Diverdown1964

• World Citizen
  • No matter where you go, there you are
Re: Media Center 15.0.35 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 10:52:35 am »

Still getting an error for video convert when syncing to the iPod classic. Audio makes it over fine. Is there a plan fix in the works, or should I just keep hounding?

Cheers

kurushi

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 03:52:47 pm »

quote:
8. Internal: Revised how view headers create and display their buttons. (please report any issues)

No problem with my skins.

Thx for this built!

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 02:38:03 pm »

WOW!!!!
Added the ability to lock a playlist to prevent unintended changes to the order or files!!!
Thanks, thanks, thanks!!!

But.... It would be even greater if the possibility is made to lock an entire Playlist Group and the playlists that reside under that group.

Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

globetrotters1

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 05:15:43 pm »

Restore Library function...

Using ONLY "Restore Settings [experimental]" and de-selecting "Restore library and playlists" leads to a program crash

Just as a comment, can certainly live without it... but it's always better to say the things

Thanks

jack wallstreet

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 08:38:31 pm »

But.... It would be even greater if the possibility is made to lock an entire Playlist Group and the playlists that reside under that group.

I concur.  The lock feature is very nice, but with hundreds of playlists, it is too time consuming.  Would like ability to lock by group and then unlock individually when I need to make updates.
John

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 08:52:33 pm »

15.0.35 (4/29/2010)

1. NEW (Experimental!): Remuxing of television recording (digital television only, i.e. ATSC or DVB-T) jtv files to MKV.  Requires Haali Matraska Muxer filter which is part of Haali Media Splitter installation.  Select jtv files, and go to Tools > Advanced Tools > Convert Format...

Very nice!  This could be very useful, especially it if could be automated :)

I tried doing this with the TV program selected in the 'Drives & Devices:Television' window, showing recorded programs (tools, advanced tools, convert...) it just asked me to select a file to convert, i hit okay and nothing.  when i navigated to the jtv file directly in the drives window, and did that on the actual jtv file there, it did convert and seems to have worked fine.

I hope this sticks around and gets expanded on, this might make "automatic" commercial cutting doable now.  I'll have to look more into it :)

thanks.
pretend this is something funny

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2010, 08:51:54 am »

Very nice!  This could be very useful, especially it if could be automated :)

I tried doing this with the TV program selected in the 'Drives & Devices:Television' window, showing recorded programs (tools, advanced tools, convert...) it just asked me to select a file to convert, i hit okay and nothing.  when i navigated to the jtv file directly in the drives window, and did that on the actual jtv file there, it did convert and seems to have worked fine.

I hope this sticks around and gets expanded on, this might make "automatic" commercial cutting doable now.  I'll have to look more into it :)

thanks.

This is in early experimental stage, and I am not sure what it will take us.

Expanding it to TV Recordings view will be done once we figure out how to make the muxed output file work better.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 08:22:45 am »

I just downloaded 15.0.35 and imported some new songs.  It found the cover art for 41 out of the 91 new songs.  The cover art is located in each folder with the song.  I can manually attach each one or when they are an entire album I can attach a group.  I haven't been able to identify a pattern.  I do have the "don't import folders and pix" checked.

Tunetyme

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 08:24:15 am »

Our wiki has an article on cover art.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 09:34:45 am »

MP3 Playback Problem posts were split to a new thread.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 11:07:58 pm »

This is in early experimental stage, and I am not sure what it will take us.

Expanding it to TV Recordings view will be done once we figure out how to make the muxed output file work better.

thanks.  I'm very happy to see this work beginning; I hope to see it flourish :)
pretend this is something funny

HiFiTubes

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 05:35:29 am »

Found a little glitch with library server key.

I just built a new HTPC which will only use Library Server via LAN. I restored my library to my new master server okay, but the key that was initially generated on the other machine won't work on the new HTPC.

I can only Search For Library Servers and connect; I can not connect using the key.

Does this mean I would not be able to make and save changes, or is that a separate option?

thanks
hifi

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2010, 07:29:53 am »

Regarding cover art.

I reset to same folder as the file and tried the quick find method.  It linked the first two and quit.  I then tried a folder with 17 songs and the cover art in the directory.  Nothing.  I browse and link the file and it works fine.  I tried what the wiki recommends.

I am running 12 in parallel with 15.  When I import the same files it picks up the cover art immediately.  It is much faster than 15. 

BTW I still don't have "date" field populated in 15.  It is in the tags. This field was populated with version 12.

When I downloaded 15 I started as if it was a new install and imported all 21,000+ flac files.  The only problems I've experienced has been date and cover art.   

Tunetyme

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2010, 08:03:14 am »

Is the cover art in the same folder as the tracks?

Is the cover art perhaps named as folder.jpg?

Quick Find gets cover art from a single cover art folder (location must be set in MC).

Specific examples might help.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2010, 04:12:43 pm »

Minor issue that could be somewhat confusing:

Not sure if tabs are meant to be considered part of Split Views or not, but if you have tabs switched on, then deselect Split View in options/features, tabs remain on and impossible to remove.
i.e. "Show Tabs" should probably be seperate from Split View in the menu.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2010, 01:47:02 pm »

A 720x544 Xvid (.avi) will not play over library server but opens in 2 seconds on a mapped drive, and on local disk.

Playback does not start, nor can I use stop; MC process must be manually terminated.

This is a new install of Windows 7 x64 with CCCP installed.

I just tested a high-rez MKV in Library Server with no problem.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2010, 03:03:45 pm »

Seems there might be a bug in removing a track from a playlist.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2010, 07:57:57 am »

Regarding cover art:

When I rip a new CD, I download the cover art from AMG (low res) and store it in the folder with the music files. (artist\album\).  When I import a new folder (one artist and album folder) it will attach the cover art to some but not all the files.  Sometimes it is none at all.  The file names are an alpha numeric from AMG and I allow MC to change the cover art name and store it in the file folder.  This doesn't always happen though. 

This is also true with various artist.  For Example, when I imported all my files like a new install,  "Motown The Classic Years" the cover art appears on 3 of the 20 files.  There is cover art in each of those sub directories.  I just tried Smokey Robinson with 4 entries on the 2 Discs.  I highlighted the first 3 (on disc one) and selected "quick find".  It found the cover art.  The second time I tried it on the remaining song-nothing.  I manually selected the directory and the cover are with no problem and attached it.   I've tried quick find several more times and it doesn't find the cover art.

If you have any specific tests you would like me to do, let me know.

Tunetyme
Pages: [1]   Go Up