INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request -- Search  (Read 1110 times)

yardbird4

Feature request -- Search
« on: May 04, 2010, 10:20:52 am »

On my wish list for mediacenter 15 is a new search engine that filters everything out of its music tree except the item your search for.  The tree then contains all of the CD's of that artist as well as any compilations (various artist) that the artist appears in and what the name of the compilation is and the track number where the song is located in the compilation.  

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Center 15
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 10:23:08 am »

There is a feature request thread here.

If you search in the upper right corner, that will filter out everything but what you've searched for.  Works in any view.

yardbird4

Re: Feature request -- Search
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 11:24:43 am »

Thanks for your quick response and for letting me know about the feature request thread.  I have used the search function in the upper right hand corner of the Media Center 15.  It was my experience that the results were not as complete and accurate, or as organized as the Foobar filter, which basically gives you a new tree with just the results you want with detailed info.   I am relatively new to media center (with which I am very impressed) and I will experiment with the search function some more and let you know my results.
Pages: [1]   Go Up