INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In some movies, video jams to a halt but audio keeps on running...  (Read 2884 times)

raldo

• Citizen of the Universe

I see this after a while when watching a movie on my Asrock 330 ION.

Video will suddenly go slow motion and stop and audio will keep on running. Then after a while, video will run fast forward as if to catch up with audio.

Video media info on a selection of files where this happens (info from Personal Video Database): XviD, 624x352, 1368 Kbps

I've installed CCCP (2009-09-01)

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

--------------------
Media Center 15.0.25 Registered -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 15\

Workstation 6.1  (Build 7600)
Intel Pentium III 1599 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 3407 MB, Free - 2214 MB

Internet Explorer: 8.0.7600.16385 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.7600 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.1.7600 / Shell32.dll: 6.1.7600 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 100
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT30N       Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices: W890i - Phone Memory

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)

--------------------
Filter Graph Info:

Filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
        CLSID: {A4002F8E-510F-442C-8AD3-F9C7B23FB394}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'out0' of filter 'MP3 Decoder DMO'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'Enhanced Video Renderer'
        CLSID: {FA10746C-9B63-4B6C-BC49-FC300EA5F256}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\evr.dll
        Input Pin 'EVR Input0'
            Connected to pin 'out0' of filter 'Mpeg4s Decoder DMO'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_NV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo
        Input Pin 'EVR Input1'

Filter 'MP3 Decoder DMO'
        CLSID: {94297043-BD82-4DFD-B0DE-8177739C6D20}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\qasf.dll
        Input Pin 'in0'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {00000055-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'out0'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'Mpeg4s Decoder DMO'
        CLSID: {94297043-BD82-4DFD-B0DE-8177739C6D20}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\qasf.dll
        Input Pin 'in0'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {44495658-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo
        Output Pin 'out0'
            Connected to pin 'EVR Input0' of filter 'Enhanced Video Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_NV12, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo

Filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Stream 01' of filter 'AVI Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {00000055-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'in0' of filter 'MP3 Decoder DMO'

Filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
        CLSID: {A4207487-E7D8-406B-9882-B66370DE2492}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Stream 00' of filter 'AVI Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Video  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {44495658-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_VideoInfo
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'in0' of filter 'Mpeg4s Decoder DMO'

Filter 'AVI Splitter'
        CLSID: {1B544C20-FD0B-11CE-8C63-00AA0044B51E}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\quartz.dll
        Output Pin 'Stream 00'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Video'
        Output Pin 'Stream 01'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'JRiver Media Proxy Audio'
        Input Pin 'input pin'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter '\\Server\videos\Serier\The.Pacific.Pt.III.HDTV.XviD-NoTV.avi'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_Avi, Format type TIME_FORMAT_NONE

Filter '\\Server\videos\Serier\The.Pacific.Pt.III.HDTV.XviD-NoTV.avi'
        CLSID: {E436EBB5-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770}
        Host: c:\windows\syswow64\quartz.dll
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'input pin' of filter 'AVI Splitter'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Stream  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_Avi, Format type TIME_FORMAT_NONE

raldo

Re: In some movies, video jams to a halt but audio keeps on running...
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 10:30:03 am »

bump...

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 11:18:24 am »

Can you duplicate this using a different renderer? The Atom 330 isn't a very high power CPU, and EVR is particularly taxing iirc. Also, are you moving the mouse or are there other processes occurring during the jams?

raldo

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 03:45:02 pm »

Hi,

I've tried Haali source filter and Haali renderer and it seems as if they run just fine. Windows media source filter runs ok too.

But the remote doesn't work as expected in any of those configurations?

I realize that the Atom  isn't a particular powerful CPU but, supposedly, the ION GPU should be able to render ever HD material with no glitches.

So, am I correct in saying that the EVR doesn't use the ION GPU capabilities?

(Btw. no mousemoves or other processes, afaik)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 03:55:01 pm »

Maybe try slimming down the OS and any background processes.  iTunes, for example, runs several.  I'm trying not to use "pig" in the same sentence.

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 04:10:46 pm »

Raldo, I have seen similar problems with my MC15 set up using EVR. It works perfectly for me in Media Player Classic-Home Cinema (MPC-HC). Could you possibly test the same filters/renderer in MPC-HC to see if you get the same problem? I know MPC-HC is much leaner resource-wise that MC15 (since it does far less).

The problems I see happen with HD h264 video files, but again, only with EVR. I too have an nVidia GPU (GT240)

Also, your ion GPU doesn't affect playback of divx/xvid encoded material like the "The Pacific" example you showed us - the ion works best for decoding h264 streams. Your CPU will be decoding the avi file and rendering. I'm intrigued by your assertion that the remote doesn't work well with different renderers. Not sure what you mean by that. The MC remote?

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 06:46:26 am »

I have not encountered such a problem on my asrock 330. But I have repeatedly seen this effect before with different combinations of failed filters.
I rejected the idea put CCCP on ion (disregarding the advice of the founders)) - it does not use dxva or cuda for acceleration.

IMHO in your case the problem may be in use decoders MS (I noticed the strangeness in the MP3 Decoder DMO and Mpeg4s Decoder DMO when not in use windows media player).

My settings on the ION:
avi - MS avi source - ffdshow audio - ffdshow video dxva - EVR
mkv - haali splitter - ffdshow audio - MPC standalone dec. dxva or ffdshow video dxva - EVR

raldo

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2010, 02:13:24 am »

I'm intrigued by your assertion that the remote doesn't work well with different renderers. Not sure what you mean by that. The MC remote?
Well, it's an MCE v2 remote which came with the Asrock. So I guess it's similar to the MC remote.

But I saw this behavior on one of my previous systems which had a completely different remote, an IRA (from the makers of USBUIRT). I suspect that the filters (renderer?) support playback differently (FF, for example, works differently when different filters are selected)

raldo

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2010, 02:15:12 am »

I have not encountered such a problem on my asrock 330. But I have repeatedly seen this effect before with different combinations of failed filters.
I rejected the idea put CCCP on ion (disregarding the advice of the founders)) - it does not use dxva or cuda for acceleration.

IMHO in your case the problem may be in use decoders MS (I noticed the strangeness in the MP3 Decoder DMO and Mpeg4s Decoder DMO when not in use windows media player).

My settings on the ION:
avi - MS avi source - ffdshow audio - ffdshow video dxva - EVR
mkv - haali splitter - ffdshow audio - MPC standalone dec. dxva or ffdshow video dxva - EVR

May I ask why you have listed four components in the chain, aren't there just four?

Do I understand you correctly that you haven't installed CCCP?

Which pack did you install? ?

raldo

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2010, 02:18:46 am »

Maybe try slimming down the OS and any background processes. 

The OS is quite slim already. Only three additional installs: MC, CCCP, and Logmein.

I always disconnect Logmein after use, so the Logmein client should be dormant...

But the main point with the ION backplane is that the CPU should be minimally loaded during playback since the processing (rendering) ideally is offloaded to the GPU.

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2010, 06:32:47 am »

May I ask why you have listed four components in the chain, aren't there just four?
sorry, here I do not quite understand the question.
EDIT, google translate is bad): I used a chain of 4 filters - source filter, audio decoder, video decoder, video renderer. Plus of course the audio renderer, but I DON'T had a big problems with any available variants, including a new JRiver Audio Render.

Do I understand you correctly that you haven't installed CCCP?
Which pack did you install? ?
Yes, correct. A lot of my video is hd content with high bitrate. Therefore, I chose only decoders support dxva or cuda.

Until recently it was the K-lite (I'm interested in fresh haali splitter, ffdshow, mpc / gabest mpeg splitter, ds tools from this pack) + MPC standalone decoder + sometimes CoreAVC 2.0 (I own a license, but I do not see special advantages over MPC dxva).

Special trouble - a small window with video in theater mode. In Playback HD there should be combined using dxva / cuda for videoplayback with direct 3d (?) for MC. Player (theater mode) begins to slow down. According to my observation, MPC dxva in this case, works better than coreavc. In the case of coreavc not help even pause playback - theater shell is still very slow.

The latest version of K-lite we got ffdshow video with support for DXVA.
It works fine for me with .264 content and looks like a potential replacement MPC dec. But I have not tested it in the theater mode, and in general the experience with him is not enough.

I noticed some problems when using haali avi splitter, and refused to use it in favor of the standard of MS.

Also I use Win7DSFilterTweaker for check and correcting preferred filters.

)

raldo

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2010, 06:44:53 am »

sorry, here I do not quite understand the question.
I used a chain of 4 filters - source filter, audio decoder, video decoder, video renderer. Plus of course the audio renderer, but I had big problems with all available options, including a new JRiver Audio Render.
Yes, correct. A lot of my video is hd content with high bitrate. Therefore, I chose only decoders support dxva or cuda.

Until recently it was the K-lite (I'm interested in fresh haali splitter, ffdshow, mpc / gabest mpeg splitter, ds tools from this pack) + MPC standalone decoder + sometimes CoreAVC 2.0 (I own a license, but I do not see special advantages over MPC dxva).

Special trouble - a small window with video in theater mode. In Playback HD there should be combined using dxva / cuda for videoplayback with direct 3d (?) for MC. Player (theater mode) begins to slow down. According to my observation, MPC dxva in this case, works better than coreavc. In the case of coreavc not help even pause playback - theater shell is still very slow.

The latest version of K-lite we got ffdshow video with support for DXVA.
It works fine for me with .264 content and looks like a potential replacement MPC dec. But I have not tested it in the theater mode, and in general the experience with him is not enough.

I noticed some problems when using haali avi splitter, and refused to use it in favor of the standard of MS.

Also I use Win7DSFilterTweaker for check and correcting preferred filters.

)
Hm. Seems as if I have to read up on a lot more than I had expected...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2010, 08:08:26 am »

The PC may be underpowered.

CoreAVC has a reputation for being more efficient.

With Haali and FFDshow, turn off the settings for Task Bar Icons.

raldo

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2010, 12:37:53 pm »

With Windows Media Player Engine, the above mentioned files play back as expected (but as I've noted in another thread, my remote doesn't work as well anymore)
Pages: [1]   Go Up