INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Gyration Remote- Anyone got Greenbutton Working?  (Read 1653 times)

Robo983

• World Citizen
Gyration Remote- Anyone got Greenbutton Working?
« on: May 05, 2010, 11:19:03 pm »

My hauppauge IR receiver quit working and now my wife really likes using the gyration. Most buttons seem to work but I need a way to "power" down and "power" up MC hopefully with the green button on this remote.

It was odd searching and finding all my old posts regarding getting button maps for this remote in the RF mode to work. It is supposed to use the MCE standard button commands but MC15 does not react to the MyTV, MyAudio... buttons or the green button. I haven't tried them all.

Has there been any changes in MC since v12 that will allow mapping of the gyration remote or learning of the remote like the JR remote? If not that would be a nice feature for MC to "Learn" various commands from different remotes. I like the JR Remote and would solve controlling my Amp but she likes using more than one remote and my bone pile of remotes if getting high and hate to throw my two gyrations on the heap.

I have not tried creating the Resource.XML file as in past versions as it didn't work then so didn't want to waste my time if nothing has change.

Maybe if there was a way to minimize MC to the Tray instead of the taskbar my problem could be solved that way too.

I am running WinXP Pro with out MCE.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Gyration Remote- Anyone got Greenbutton Working?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 08:27:49 am »

You might try a google search to see how it works with Windows Media Center.  If it works with Windows MC, it should work with MC.

Try turning on both HID and MCE in MC's Options for the remote.

SeaDrive

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 07:18:07 pm »

I've been using the Gyration remote for a few years now. The green button will launch Windows Media Center but if you disable it in MC it does nothing. I do notice that the cursor changes briefly but nothing happens. It looks like th esignal is sent but not captured or processed properly.

Robo983

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 09:16:28 am »

Update, looks like this remote is problematic for many even with software other than MC. It was intended to be used with XP or Vista with Media Center. I only have the Vista version and it is not on my HTPC with MC. I think I am missing some kind of driver. I remember in the past trying to get it but it is either not availble or wont load since I do not have the MCE version of XP. I may try learning the remote on my Vista machine to see if it works on it.

MC15 under the remote learning section will not recognize any button presses with all of the boxes checked or only the MCE one. In Theater View mode navigation works and seams like the play/pause and next track but can't get many of the others to be recognized and learning doesn't work. The Greenbutton is the one I need.

I did find LM Remote Keymap and Intellaremote that are supposed to give the ability to define the key strokes and will try it this weekend.

Intellaremote is by Melloware and his software is very good. I think he use an XML file to edit which is a nice way to go. He is an MC user the one that created Rivermote.
Pages: [1]   Go Up