INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Microsoft Reclusa Keyboard support  (Read 3130 times)

Trilyan

• Recent member
Microsoft Reclusa Keyboard support
« on: May 08, 2010, 11:08:14 am »

the media kys work fine, but once you install de official keyboard driver, support is completely gone, can't even configure them manually over remote control options  ? any help??

Dare978Devil

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Microsoft Reclusa Keyboard support
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 07:57:07 am »

Hi Trilyan,

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  I just purchased a Microsoft Reclusa.  Great keyboard, but I have the same problem you do.  I have found that if I install either the Intellitype Pro 7.1 drivers, or the Reclusa 1.05 drivers, only the volume knob works with MC15.  I can't use either of those drivers to remap keys it seems, and remapping programs (such as KeyTweak or SharpKeys) do not pick up the Reclusa's media keys.  The best I have found thus far is to use the custom mapping in the Reclusa software to remap the right-hand NEXT/PREVIOUS buttons (labeled R4 and R5) to CTRL + N and CTRL + L.  That works, but only if MC15 is in the foreground.  If something else is, then they have no effect.

If I uninstall the Reclusa drivers, (same goes for Intellitype), then oddly enough, the Play/Pause, volume, Next Track, Previous Track buttons all work in MC15.  But if I do that, then of course, I can't use any of the remapping options with the Reclusa software which is the reason I bought the darn thing in the first place.  So I am stuck.  Either I get Multimedia key support but no reclusa drivers, or I install Reclusa drivers but can't have Multimedia keys.

Have you found a better solution?

Thanks,
DD.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 08:11:32 am »

I'm not sure if these will help but ...

MC can use three different volumes.  Click on the little speaker icon to the left of the volume control to change.

There is a Media Keys option in settings.   Try searching in the upper right corner of the options screen.

Dare978Devil

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 08:56:12 am »

Hi Jim,

The volume key works no matter what I do.  With the Reclusa drivers in place, or with them uninstalled.  What I would like to have work are the Next/Previous Track buttons, but most importantly the Play/Pause button.  If I could get those three working, I would be happy.  Currently the best option I have found is to manually configure one of the buttons to be CTRL + P, which does actually work, but only when MC15 is in the foreground.  It would be much better if we could figure out how to get the PAUSE/PLAY button without forcing a CTRL key mapping.

On this kb, I have the option of choosing pre-configured profiles for any of iTunes, Windows Media Player, RealPlayer, and WinAmp.  I have tried with WMP, if I set the config of the kb to that player, the keys work.  I have also tried each one of those profiles with MC15, and unfortunately, only the volume key works.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
DD.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 09:29:59 am »

There is a Media Keys option in settings.   Try searching in the upper right corner of the options screen.
Pages: [1]   Go Up