INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Metadata Tags  (Read 1156 times)

gigglez

• Recent member
Metadata Tags
« on: July 07, 2010, 10:38:24 am »

I downloaded a program called tuneup, it cleans the metadata tags of your music. It did a brilliant job of it too, however media center isn't reading the tags, I checked them out in winamp it has an editor that lets you see all the different tags Idv1 and Idv2, the genre in those tags looks correct but media center keeps labeling my genre as '20' where itunes and winamp has it as alternative.

Please help I am ready to pull my hair out.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Metadata Tags
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 10:43:09 am »

Edit one of the tags.  It sounds like it has a space in the "Genre" field.

MC makes automatic backups of the library.  You could restore and then do an Update Tags from Library (under Library Tools).  Try a few before you do very many.

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Metadata Tags
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 08:01:23 am »

I checked them out in winamp it has an editor that lets you see all the different tags Idv1 and Idv2,
As an aside, you can also do this in Media Center. Select a single file, open the tagging window [Alt+Enter], then click on the very top line which displays [File Type] - [Duration] - [File Size]. It will give you the same thing as you've found in WinAmp.
For me, I find it much more convenient to look at the ID3 tags in MC when trying to figure out what's different between the ID3 tags and my database.
Pages: [1]   Go Up