INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Licence question  (Read 1724 times)

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
Licence question
« on: May 15, 2010, 07:41:54 pm »

Today I paid for a full version of MC 15, I downloaded it to my external HD so I can add records infos and so on in my office, the I  hook up the HD to my HIFI and enjoy the music. The version that is on my external HD
is running as a full version, my question is, can I copy everything to another HD as a backup? Adding CDs are a full time job, and I have about 2 000 of them so if one HD crasches it would be nice to have everything copied as a safetyback up.

Blue Boy

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Licence question
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 11:24:32 pm »

You can install MC on any computer you own, you will have to use 1 License Retore for each installation.

Once you have copied all your music to the new HD, then you can do a library restore from the original HD if you're on a network. I still use Karen's Tools' Replicator for copying and updating my music files (to the backups).
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

221bBS

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 12:11:54 am »

You can install MC on any computer you own, you will have to use 1 License Retore for each installation.

Once you have copied all your music to the new HD, then you can do a library restore from the original HD if you're on a network. I still use Karen's Tools' Replicator for copying and updating my music files (to the backups).

The License is mail to your email account and is good for 14 days. You can use this license to activate you other installs of MC. You do not have to use up a restore for each activation.

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 02:27:14 am »

Thank you for answering, well I first downloaded MC to my laptop and found out I wanted it on my external HD, so I downloaded it again to my external used the registrationscode, then made a copy of it to another HD, wich said you have so many days left of this trial version,
when checking my mail it said that I already used one recovery "code" so I am down to nine in 24 hours, for me this is just a try out to how I want my setup in the future, what happens if I use all of them, do I have to buy it all over again?

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 06:37:30 am »

Thank you for answering, well I first downloaded MC to my laptop and found out I wanted it on my external HD, so I downloaded it again to my external used the registrationscode, then made a copy of it to another HD, wich said you have so many days left of this trial version,
when checking my mail it said that I already used one recovery "code" so I am down to nine in 24 hours, for me this is just a try out to how I want my setup in the future, what happens if I use all of them, do I have to buy it all over again?

Usually if you just post on this board the Moderators will reset your license count within reason.
Each one resets automatically after 12 months anyway and as stated you can use each one for 14 days as much as you like.
So you have to be clean installing quite a lot in order to run out.

221bBS

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 10:18:24 am »

Every time you use the web to activate MC a copy of the license is mailed to you. This license is good for 14 days!! and can be used as many times as needed.

Check you email. If you didn't receive a license, check your spam setting and box.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 10:24:53 am »

The purchase link above has complete information.

http://www.jrmediacenter.com/buy_15.html

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 11:15:29 am »

Purchasers of MC14.0.154 or above have received an MC15 license that works with both MC14.0.154+ and with MC15.

Sorry I never got such an license key - so I bought the upgrade to MC15 a few days ago. How can I find out if I bought MC14 after 14.0.153?

Any help appreciated.
Wake up and slow down 😴

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 11:59:28 am »

Your MC14 license was purchased in August, 2009.  The transition to MC15 was in March, 2010.

Thanks for your purchase.

The Big Labinski

• Galactic Citizen
  • Wake up and slow down
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 12:07:09 am »

@JimH

Thanks for this clear information.
Wake up and slow down 😴
Pages: [1]   Go Up