INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Connected to Internet  (Read 1552 times)

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
Connected to Internet
« on: May 15, 2010, 07:47:23 pm »

Here is another question, Is there a way to not have MC connected to Internet. I find it very anoying to have
various displays while running MC in theatre wiew. I know that I can close down my computer from Internet, but I don't like my musc software to be online if I don't do it by my own choise.

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Connected to Internet
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 11:28:02 pm »

MC is not normally connected to the internet. Please explain "various displays".
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 02:46:02 am »

It mut be online all the time, if I for example play a Paul Simon, or Nick Lowe CD in theater wiev and my computer is connected to internet, MC will show coverarts that i don't have, photos and other stuff in the background, it even shows a page from aDonald Duck comic magazine in Swedish, (my country) and as my computer is brand new I don't have this stuff on my HD. If I close down my connection to Internet, then there is just a piano running in the background...  anyway, I find this very annoying as I use MC with my HiFi system and I want to be free of choise if the software I use should automatic go online....isn't this a security risk for hi jacking, virus, and other nasty stuff? So is there a way to get out of this online connection?

rick.ca

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 04:17:12 am »

It's not nearly as much a risk as using a browser. But if it bothers you, block it with your firewall.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 06:32:28 am »

Why not just turn it off...

"Tools > Options > Theatre View"

In the right pane, click on "Theme", hover over "Options", click on "Show online media slideshow in artist views" to turn it off.

-marko.

Blue Boy

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 06:51:38 am »

Thank You  :) I will try this, I,m realy new into both listening to music via computers and to J R mediacenter,
and there is a lot to learn..........

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 07:43:53 am »

Thank You  :) I will try this, I,m realy new into both listening to music via computers and to J R mediacenter,
and there is a lot to learn..........
I hope you'll be comfortable just asking when you need to.  I'm still learning myself.

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 11:04:02 am »

Images have almost no risk of spreading a virus or the like. With the exception of one patch (years old) from Microsoft, there has been no other security holes that I'm aware of. If you faithfully download updates via Windows Update, you run little to no risk of problems.

Pages: [1]   Go Up