INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Make Library Server default (freak problem half-solved)  (Read 1628 times)

HiFiTubes

• Citizen of the Universe
Make Library Server default (freak problem half-solved)
« on: May 17, 2010, 07:41:52 am »

Ran into some interesting stuff this weekend with the new Zotac ION.

First, the stock drivers on the disc of course were outdated, and when I finally updated them later in the evening, performance got a large boost and browsing in cover view mode (love this as I wanted it years ago!) and scrolling was smoother.

Then I was trying make my master library the default of LAN so I had added the IP and port number as I am used to doing this the old way and I thought it would allow me to auto-load that library:

• There is some kind of glitch where the client then become graphically disconnected from MC; it's hard to explain but basically the client acts as if it has no RAM and a full cpu load. Drop-down menus load so slow or when you hover over the min,max, close buttons the delay is about 2 seconds for them to light up. It's very painful to deal with.
  • Re-loading and connecting to a library with a key or searching for LS solves this problem and MC is lightning fast on the client now (I also got my dual-band router working with an Intel 5300 and a saw a definitive improvement in load times and all around MC is really hopping on the client - just a few directshow issues left to work out).
  • I made a bad assumption we could add libraries in this fashion and if you are having any slowdowns, use the new method.
  • Is there a way to have this client auto-connect to a library via the key method?
  • It would also be neat if when connecting to the library, MC could run a script to ping all network drives in case they have not re-connected after wake from sleep or reboot as some codecs need to fall back on the 'play local instance of file' option.

HiFiTubes

Re: Make Library Server default (freak problem half-solved)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 12:25:24 pm »

Seems to be working now thankfully. Maybe some changes to network I made or maybe too many thumbnails etc. not enough bandwidth?

fredphoesh

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 06:00:34 pm »

Seems to be working now thankfully. Maybe some changes to network I made or maybe too many thumbnails etc. not enough bandwidth?

Hi Hifitubes,

so have you been able to have your clients load up the Server library as default, it just loads that on startup?
I have been trying to do that for an hour now, and it does not seem to  work...

Please let me know how you managed to do that, that, thanks
Mark.

)p(

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 12:19:09 am »

Re-loading and connecting to a library with a key

I am not sure what is connecting with a key instead of the ip address? Which key? The library id?

Edit: Oops never mind I see it now...never saw it before ;)

fredphoesh

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 06:07:51 am »

I am not sure what is connecting with a key instead of the ip address? Which key? The library id?

Edit: Oops never mind I see it now...never saw it before ;)

Do you have to do this every time you start MC or does the Library Server load by default automatically each time?

Pages: [1]   Go Up