INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DSP Studio (volume leveling) for portable conversion/sync  (Read 2289 times)

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
DSP Studio (volume leveling) for portable conversion/sync
« on: May 25, 2010, 09:42:48 am »

Below is Alex's reply to my question in the APE thread.  Is there any way we could have DSP Studio apply to portable conversion/sync so that the volume could be "normalized" and other effects like that provided for burning CDs?  Thanks.

I think I have occasionally requested for adding DSP Studio to the conversion options since 2005 or so.

DSP Studio is available in the Audio CD burner and recently JRiver added Replay Gain to DNLA conversions. Adding DSP Studio (not only Replay Gain) to all conversion options would be useful for many kinds of situations. For instance, you may have files of a higher sample rate or more than two channels that you would like to convert to the standard 44.1 KHz stereo format for a portable or for burning an MP3 CD or perhaps you would like to use EQ correction if the source files are less than optimal.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

cncb

• MC Beta Team
Re: DSP Studio (volume leveling) for portable conversion/sync
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 03:37:16 pm »

bump

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2010, 09:14:03 am »

Any chance this could be added?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2010, 10:09:54 am »

We agree this would be nice.

The conversion system is slated for numerous improvements, like image conversion for library server / WebPlay, better streaming video conversion, better management of cached low-bitrate copies, and enabling of DSP Studio during manual conversion.

We'll add DSP during portable sync to the list.  As a disclaimer, it's going to be a while before we're through the list.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

llafriel

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2010, 10:59:21 am »

like image conversion for library server / WebPlay..
Looking forward to this one :)

MusicHawk

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2010, 12:23:05 pm »

Generalizing the request, please allow DSP during ANY copying -- whether portable sync, CD burning, or simply file copying.

There are situations where "portable sync" isn't viable because the external device/drive isn't a media player, it's just storage, to MC, but would hugely benefit from having DSP applied.

Examples of this need:

My car "radio" has a 40GB hard drive, which I can load from CD or from simple USB-as-storage, but not directly from MC. It would be a giant help to "fix" the audio before loading it into the car.

The same with my "digital" piano, which can play music from a USB stick.

And, I often use a USB or other external drive to play a bunch of my music on a non-MC-installed computer, such as at a party. (Of course I promote that MC should be purchased, but meanwhile, having terrific-sounding audio and crediting MC for it would be a nice option.)

Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2010, 01:11:07 pm »

There are situations where "portable sync" isn't viable because the external device/drive isn't a media player, it's just storage, to MC, but would hugely benefit from having DSP applied.
You can set up a folder as a portable drive in MC.  Tools/Options/Handhelds/Add Device/Browse.

MusicHawk

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2010, 01:45:44 pm »

You can set up a folder as a portable drive in MC.

I didn't know that. I'll try it ASAP. Thanks for the tip.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

sunfire7

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 08:07:25 pm »

Thanks for add this to the list Matt !!  :)
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 10:00:55 am »

We'll add DSP during portable sync to the list.  As a disclaimer, it's going to be a while before we're through the list.

Are we closer?

shAf

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 01:45:19 pm »

Are we closer?

I'll hope (vote) that we get closer sooner (eg, MC15), rather than later (eg, MC16)

:)
cheerios from the Avalon Peninsula, Newfoundland
Pages: [1]   Go Up