INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library Server  (Read 1825 times)

TMA-1

• World Citizen
Library Server
« on: May 28, 2010, 02:36:22 am »

Hi,

First I like to say great job on the MC15! I love it!

I have one issue with the Webplay service though, I can not stream anything other then MP3.
There are options to not convert audio or to use an uncompressed stream but I never get a connection with these settings. MP3 works fine though.

Any thoughts?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Webplay
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 07:24:50 am »

There is a support thread here.  I'll move this to it later.  What device are you using for playback.

Thanks for the love (on behalf of MC15).

TMA-1

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 05:32:55 pm »

Im using WebPlay to play my music from my home computer on my computer at work.
I tried opening the play URL with VLC and Windows media Player and it worked fine with mp3 but not uncompressed.
Now I have also tried using J River also on my work computer and it works now even with uncompressed stream.

The problem is it still says the stream is 128kbps in the playing end. Is there a limitation to stream 128kbps? Actually no matter what setting I use (uncompressed, MP3 low and MP3 high) it says it is playing a 128kbps stream.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 05:49:47 pm »

If you're playing on a computer at work, you might try Library Server.   At work, you can connect to your home PC and load its library.  See the Network options in MC on your home machine.  There you can generate a key that will give you access from work.

TMA-1

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 06:37:59 pm »

ah, even better!  :) Thanks!

TMA-1

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 03:49:55 am »

Ok, I tried Library Server and it looks like it works nicely. A couple of things though:

How can I play on the client-side only? When I press play on the client-side the music also plays on the server side.
Can Library Server run as a service?

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Library Server
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 06:41:22 am »

MC on Client.

MC running Library Server on Server.  (Run Media Server on Windows Start by changing options for Startup.  See Server on our wiki.)

On Client, choose File/Library/Library Manager to set up a connection.  When you connect, choose "Here" to play on Client, not "There"

TMA-1

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 08:16:15 am »

Got it working now! J River Media Center rocks! No question about it  :)

Thanks a lot for all assistance.

kartman

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 12:02:44 am »

MC on Client.

MC running Library Server on Server.  (Run Media Server on Windows Start by changing options for Startup.  See Server on our wiki.)

On Client, choose File/Library/Library Manager to set up a connection.  When you connect, choose "Here" to play on Client, not "There"

OK... Upgraded to v14 from v12... now, I'm considering an upgrade to v15 as I continue to like MOST of what you guys are doing as this product matures. One of my big issues has always been that I've not been able to get the DLNA server to startup after a windows reboot.... not after a login by a user but from a reboot that leaves the system at the login prompt.

I've found the startup option for 'Run Media Server on Windows Start' but I still get no DLNA server after a reboot. I'll upgrade immediately if I can get this going...

ADDED: After further reading and searching, seems I'm not alone. I guess there is a good reason why MC15 can't just run the server functions as a service? Anyways, I'm sure I can figure out how to 'service-ize' the MC15.exe executable. I just tried enabling the 'allow multiple instances to run at one time'. Of course, I get the warning about the 2nd instance being in 'read only mode'. Fair enough... but now I can't use the 2nd instance with the GUI available to edit tags and such. For such a powerful tool... this just seems wrong. What does the user base have to do to get this kink in an otherwise awesome tool ironed out??!?!!?
Pages: [1]   Go Up