INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't get UPNP server to work anymore  (Read 1897 times)

therat

• Recent member
Can't get UPNP server to work anymore
« on: May 31, 2010, 07:11:22 pm »

I was having no problems with getting Media Center to stream audio to my Directv boxes using Mediashare, however lately something has changed. I just keep getting the same error scrolling over and over on the Media Center DLNA screen. I wish I could do a screen shot to make it easier to see what I'm talking about. I'm not sure if it was doing it before I downloaded the Media Center 15 trial or not. My error is as follows
SSDP server request for service type: uuid:DIRECTV2PC-media-server1_0-RID-023182087; responses: 0; Interface: 192.168.1.109
SSDP server requested not found: uuid:DIRECTV2PC-media-server1_0-RID-023182087

There are a couple other lines repeated also but it is tedious trying to read while the thing is scrolling by. Can someone help me with my problem or tell me how to post a picture of my screen capture? Thanks Norm

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can't get UPNP server to work anymore
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 08:04:07 pm »

I was having no problems with getting Media Center to stream audio to my Directv boxes using Mediashare, however lately something has changed. I just keep getting the same error scrolling over and over on the Media Center DLNA screen. I wish I could do a screen shot to make it easier to see what I'm talking about. I'm not sure if it was doing it before I downloaded the Media Center 15 trial or not. My error is as follows
SSDP server request for service type: uuid:DIRECTV2PC-media-server1_0-RID-023182087; responses: 0; Interface: 192.168.1.109
SSDP server requested not found: uuid:DIRECTV2PC-media-server1_0-RID-023182087

There are a couple other lines repeated also but it is tedious trying to read while the thing is scrolling by. Can someone help me with my problem or tell me how to post a picture of my screen capture? Thanks Norm

What build of MC15 are you using?  The latest is at the top of the MC15 board.

therat

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 09:10:08 pm »

Yep. I'm using the latest and greatest 15.049. Thing is I can't get my 14 streaming to my network devices either. It is showing the same problem

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 06:36:51 am »

Try rebooting everything, including all your network hardware.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 08:01:53 am »

Yep. I'm using the latest and greatest 15.049. Thing is I can't get my 14 streaming to my network devices either. It is showing the same problem
If it's on the same machine, make sure in 15 you have in Options->Startup->Windows Startup->Run on windows startup->nothing. It could be you have dueling servers for versions 14 and 15 on the same box. Also, once the DirectTV box gets confused, you may have to reboot it to get functionality back.

therat

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 09:31:34 pm »

I did all of the above and it streams now. I'm still getting constant requests though on the server window like I typed in above, even when not streaming. Its literally constantly scrolling up. If I knew how to post a screen shot on here I'd show you what I mean.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 10:55:30 am »

It's actually pretty common to get a lot of action on that status screen, especially if there are other UPnP devices on your network. I wouldn't be too concerned unless you seem to be seeing file requests that are not being played.
Pages: [1]   Go Up