INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: better device integration  (Read 2691 times)

soulcancer

• Galactic Citizen
better device integration
« on: June 11, 2010, 11:49:25 am »

For us android, and portable media player users, the integration and management of these devices through MC is horrible.

I think that when a device is synced to MC it should have its own drop down menu that has its own "Audio, Images, and Video" tabs just like how MC has for its Library. This would make managing the device so much better and cleaner. It would also keep from loading all the other system crap files that i dont care to mess with.

Also, is there a way to backward sync TO the computer from the device? I buy music and take a bunch of pictures and video, i would like to know if when i plug in the device it will automatically copy videos to a certain folder, pics to a certain folder, and music from the defined folder to a folder on the computer? the only way i can think of this is to add, under the options menu of "acquire images" to be able to add multiple source paths and their respective destination paths. so i can have my amazon purchaes folder on my phone go straight to my "new music" folder in "my music" on my computer, and all my phone pics to "my pictures", and my phone videos to "my videos". And since they are under the folders to import for MC, they are ready to import to my MC. I would very much like this as my android saves text pics in one folder, and pictures from the camera into another folder, so i can not have all of them at once, rather annoying.

Iwould like to, on sync, be able to sync my music, pics, and video like it normally does, but also have it sync like it was a camera insetead of doing this after or before the regular sync. and have it sync like above automatically and at once.

The last thing I would like to see is in Services and Plug-ins is the Android Marketplace. So far Doubletwist is the only other Android-able program and they are doing a good job of it, i want to keep using MC for my android but its very difficult compaired to Doubletwist to manage my Android phone.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: better device integration
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 11:52:22 am »

Also, is there a way to backward sync TO the computer from the device? I buy music and take a bunch of pictures and video, i would like to know if when i plug in the device it will automatically copy videos to a certain folder, pics to a certain folder, and music from the defined folder to a folder on the computer?
That's there now for images and videos.  Action Window/Camera/Acquire.

Have you set the options under Handhelds for what you want to sync to the device?  There are a lot of possibilities there.

You may know this, but you can stream to an Android: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=58141.0
and you can use WebRemote as a remote control for MC.

soulcancer

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 12:13:27 pm »

Yes, ive seen that but it only works for one folder at a time and to one destination folder at a time. I would like multiple folders and multiple destinations for each media type, and to be done when synced. so my android is seen as a media player AND a camera.
Its for syncing FROM to device, not to it.
Thanks though.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 12:45:01 pm »

I import to a tmp directory when I get images from the phone.  Then I tag them.  Then I use Library Tools/Rename Move Copy to move them.  This tool lets you put the images in folders according to any property (if you check the directory option).  It might seem complicated the first time you do it, but it takes just a few seconds after that.

Picture attached.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 12:49:44 pm »

The Android Market is an interesting idea.  How would it work?  If I browser from a PC browser, I don't see the entire market.  It's only on the phone that I see it all.

soulcancer

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 07:23:10 pm »

The acquire images option under camera is awesome, if only there could be more fields to use, instead of only one have as many as possible. like the "add new rule"

soulcancer

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2010, 11:39:48 am »

I think though, that the part about how the files under the handheld are displayed, like the whole library is a better idea.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 04:32:21 pm »

The Android Market is an interesting idea.  How would it work?  If I browser from a PC browser, I don't see the entire market.  It's only on the phone that I see it all.

Is it possible to make it available only when the phone/device is connected to MC?  in other words  use the market app off of the phone, but displayed in MC?

I don't know if it's possible to do this, but would be VERY cool if so.

Also, will it ever be possible to have tag changes made on an Android device sync back TO Media Center, like on the iPod?

I would love to be able to sync a playlist to the device (unrated tracks for example), make rating and tagging changes on the go and have those changes sync back to my library automatically.

PLEASE??? ;D  ;D
pretend this is something funny

soulcancer

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 07:12:10 pm »

I would also like to see the "Audio, Video, and Images" drop downs like in the library view the same as in the playlist view, or at least be able to customize the look of it. Again, the list is just horrible looking.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 07:14:06 pm »

Again, the list is just horrible looking.
That's very helpful.  Thank you.

soulcancer

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 05:27:37 pm »

No problem, just letting you guy know ow frustrating it is to use my handheld on here.

soulcancer

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2010, 11:56:44 pm »

This view scheme would also be good for playlists I think.

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2010, 06:59:15 am »

This view scheme would also be good for playlists I think.
For playlists you can use 'playlist groups' to achieve the same basic effect as you are proposing. You just have to manually move your playlists to the proper group/folder.

soulcancer

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2010, 12:55:22 pm »

too much work. it should be done automatically
Pages: [1]   Go Up