INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Webplay simple skin  (Read 2197 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Webplay simple skin
« on: June 14, 2010, 05:30:10 am »

Hi,

I modified the default Webplay web interface skin to make it look more like a native app on the Android phones and easier to use for me. See the attached zip file. You can unzip it as .....\J River\Media Center 15\Data\WebPlay\Simple to check it out.

A few things that are missing for the leaf-level album views - I don't have the information of how to get the necessary information to make it work as I would like it to. For example,

1. All the links at the very top should play the entire album and not the first track as they do now.
2. The Real Album name should be displayed. How do I get this information? EDIT: Fixed.
3. The artist name in the top-level section should be "Multiple Artists" for multiple artists instead of the artist for the first track as it is currently.
4. The Play All link should play the entire album. Also, a Shuffle link needs to be added.
5. For multiple artists album, each track name should also have the artists name on the second line (possibly with a smaller font - same size as Shuffle and Play links).
6. The track number should start from 1 and not from 0.
7. For view with multiple albums, only the first album's cover art is displayed. Leaf-level views with multiple albums should be displayed just like a single album but delimited by the album art.

Any help on how any of these could be achieved would be appreciated.

Here are some screen-shots:

Main Menu:

Genres:

Artists:

Albums:

Single Album view:

EDIT: Modified the file to to include the Album name for the leaf-level.

Osho

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Webplay simple skin
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 08:12:23 am »

Osho,
Thanks very much for this!

Jim

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 08:51:08 am »

Looks great :)

Try [LibraryLocation] for the 'FIXME' section.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 12:43:12 pm »

Looks great :)

Try [LibraryLocation] for the 'FIXME' section.

Thanks - I have fixed that now and updated the attached Simple.zip file.

Any suggestions on fixing/improving the other issues would also be greatly appreciated!

Osho

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 07:21:23 pm »

Is there a way to get the track number ? [LibraryLocation] gives the album name and I would like to get the track # also - possibly via some such function.

Is there any documentation of what [Library....] functions are available and how can I use them?

Thanks,
Osho

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2010, 07:54:34 am »

Thanks for the skin, Osho.

I'm interested in trying to make a skin myself, but I have one preliminary question. Is it possible to modify the Shuffle and Play links? In my case, when using Webremote I only want to be able to add individual songs to the playlist, so I'd like to remove the Shuffle and Play links from the Artist and Album levels.

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 01:20:42 pm »

Thanks for the skin, Osho.

I'm interested in trying to make a skin myself, but I have one preliminary question. Is it possible to modify the Shuffle and Play links? In my case, when using Webremote I only want to be able to add individual songs to the playlist, so I'd like to remove the Shuffle and Play links from the Artist and Album levels.

Yes this should be possible to do. Remove the Shuffle code in the appropriate xml file.

Osho

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 05:16:08 pm »

Finally got a chance to actually look at the files.

I was able to apply your files to the WebRemote settings, and then remove the unwanted links. I now have a WebRemote with most of the features I'm looking for.

It would be nice to get a list of the [Library] info, both for adding more information to the screen (Album Year) as well other functions such as Add As Next.
Pages: [1]   Go Up