INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Song shows in Webplay but not in Webremote!  (Read 1235 times)

robertski

• Recent member
Song shows in Webplay but not in Webremote!
« on: July 03, 2010, 12:32:36 am »

Here's a weird thing. Both WebRemote and Webplay working beautifully on iPad and iPhone and from two different PCs in the network.

But I stumbled across this:

If I try to play the album "Lily Allen: Alright, Still" with WebPlay - all 11 songs show and play on both devices.

If I try to remote play "Lily Allen: Alright, Still" on either PC from either device, only 10 songs show (the last one, "Alfie" is missing). However, if I set up this song to be the "playing now" on the PC I can control, WebRemote will play/pause show the thumbnail etc.

I tried a few things - rebuilding library in case of a corrupted database file. Nothing changed.

Then I removed the album & actual files completely and freshly re-ripped it, even using different files names - SAME RESULT!!

I double-checked a few other albums randomly just to see if the last track, or track 11 was mysteriously not showing - can't see any issues with other albums.

Any ideas/advice on where/how to troubleshoot this?

In case it is important - the actual files are not on either PC that MC15 is installed on - they are on a networked drive. "Alfie" plays fine from that drive using MC15 on either PC.

Thanks - the whole DLNA functionality is amazing ... love it and it can only get better (especially once I can have "Alfie" booming through the house again!).

Cheers,

Robert

PS. Meant to add - there are no extra rules set in the DLNA settings - it's all default settings.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Song shows in Webplay but not in Webremote!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 07:07:20 am »

Thanks for the nice report.  Good to hear that so much is working.

I believe the missing track problem was fixed.  Build 70 is on the MC15 board.  If you haven't tried it, please do.

robertski

• Recent member
Re: Song shows in Webplay but not in Webremote!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 11:14:27 pm »

Hi Jim - thanks for that. I updated to build 70 but the issue remained exactly the same.

I double checked more albums and it IS the last file in each case that is "missing" compared to WebPlay - so as per this post http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=58471.0 I edited the html file libraryfiles.html changing the loop from "-2" to "-1" and that fixed it.

So maybe that fix hasn't yet been included in the latest builds?

Thanks again - the DLNA as I said before is a boon ... opens up way more possibilities for home / office system fully remote controlled.

Cheers,

Robert
Pages: [1]   Go Up