INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: trouble streaming flac 5.1 after version .39 from library server  (Read 1593 times)

Hirez24

• Recent member

I have a strange problem. I have all my media on a whs that runs jriver mc library server wich i connect to from an htpc in the living room. My libray consists of all flacs ranging from 16 bit 44.1 stereo to 24 bit 96khz 5.1, so now here is the problem,I was using version .39 with no problems I guess this version is no longer valid as when I try to start it I get "this version has timed out " error and I am prompted to download a more recent version. with anything higher then .39 I can no longer stream my 5.1 flac files from library server to the htpc client. I can play the files if I open the file directly through windows explorer(network\mediaserver\music\etc.)but not through library server.Is there a new setting or change to library server that i am not aware of in the newer version of mc. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: trouble streaming flac 5.1 after version .39 from library server
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 11:15:20 am »

Try build 70 from the top of this board if you haven't.

Hirez24

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 11:21:17 am »

Thanks for the suggestion Jim but i have tried all valid versions up to .70 and it doesn't work. Some further information that might be usefull is that it doesn't matter what version I am running on the server side just the client side, is there anyway to allow the outdated version to run until this gets sortted?

Hirez24

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 01:42:24 pm »

so I did a Little more trouble shooting and it seems that media server is trying to transcode the audio before sending it to my htpc. I have no conversion set in sever options as well as uncompressed stream.but it still insists on trying to convert to mp3,I know this because when i play a two channel file the reported bitrate at the top of the screen reports 320kbps when I play it as a local file it plays at the bitrate it is supposed to.So media server must just be stuck in transcode mode. hopefully an easy fix.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 10:11:07 am »

We can't reproduce this.

The client specifies the conversion, so could you double-check the conversion settings on the client in:
Options > Media Network > Library Server Client
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Hirez24

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 05:49:32 am »

so it turns out it was the way I was pointing the mediacenter (server side at the media files), I had mc monitoring D\shares\media1\music as opposed to \\mediaserver\media1\music. I am running on a custom whs machine.I still don't now why previous versions allowed the previous config to work or why the new version exhibited the anomaly(allowing client side to play 2 channel flac as mp3 and 5 channel flac not at all)but all is well now. Thanks for the reply and concern over this issue.

robbbby

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 01:56:33 pm »

I am having this exact same problem.  When playing from library server on the client side everything plays as 320kbps mp3s, when in fact everything is flac.  It plays properly if i just load the file up from the mapped drive rather than playing it through the library.

I reset MC15 to monitor \\servername\disk rather than just c:\ or whatever disk my media may be one.

Do I have to readd the library or somehow update it, because everything still plays at 320kbps over library server and I do have conversion turned off.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 02:08:07 pm »

Are you using the latest build?  It's at the top of the MC15 board.

robbbby

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 09:40:32 pm »

i have .171 and am still haven't been able to resolve this problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up