INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sharing photos [was Share webplay Address of files- link for friends & family]  (Read 2053 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

is it possible, could it be possible in standard view to goto a certain spot.. images.. and select say 50-600 files right click and it would Automatically make a web address to share via jriver's webplay via a browser, As  a Seperate IP.

I just go tback from vacation and ran into a situation i think may be a good selling point for you guys...

i took 169 pics while in south dakota,  came home used jrivers awesome upload feature send to - gallery flicker\facebook... and then i copied facebook's addy where those albums were located, and went to outlook and emailed my family members that were in south dakota (Elderly Relatives) and none of them had a Facebook account and they all emailed me back (EVERY SINGLE Relative)asked if i could email them the pics. LMAO  Email them 169 pics at full res so they can view and print the vacation pics? Yeah right.lol.. So that brought me to the idea of using jrivers awesome webplay select files in our libraries, and jriver would compile them and make the web address automatically. i don't know the technical way of doing this. but i know with my htc hd2 cellphone, and my girlfriends iphone when i put in the webplay addy 193.1.68.765:52199/playing now.. it skips all the past screens and brings ours phones right to playing now... I'm hoping there would be a way to do the same thing with in standard view? set up our own webplay pages\bookmarks and when people want pics from say 2002 ya could just goto search, type 2002 niagra falls trip, select all the images,  right click,make webplaypage.. goto your bookmarks copy that webplay page and email it to whom ever you wish and they can just click on it our copy\paste it into there browser and see READ ONLY\with ability to download in fullsize... 2002 niagra falls pics.

Gf's Question to you...
In What structure do i put my photo album
My reply...correct me if i'm wrong we wouldnt need  structure due to the fact jriver has ultimate tagging capabilites. so one could just search vi a tag(keyword, year, artist, person etc..) and then select all files, right click send to bookmark\save ip address and share with friends and family.

By doing this people would purchase more of jriver cause they could literally share there files from the server to those that don't have jriver yet, or those that dont have or are scared to use sites like facebook flickr etc (due to privacy issues.)

Thanks for any tips, info if this is possible. I would LOVE LOVE This to be accomplished.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?

You can drag a set of pictures to "Share to Web" in the Action Window and MC will put them on Pix01, our site.  See the "Getting Started" link in the upper right corner here:
http://www.pix01.com/

HTPC4ME

Hi Jim ..... THIS IS EXACTLY What We Were Looking for... Now when i chose private , i'm assuming that means only the people i send a link to will be able to see it?
Also.. Any way for us to upload more the 60 pics? or if we have our own domain names. accomplish the same thing you guys did within jriver but from our own page? this would allow us to customize our templates too, by putting graphics on them or borders, sounds etc...

thanks Alot for the Info

HTPC4ME

also...
Public means that it will show on the index page or in searches. If it isn't public, the only way you can share it is to send the link.
  is it possible for us to upload images\galleries\albums.. and send a link to friends and family making it PRIVATE but being we gave them the link they can see all of our albums? or would they need ever albums link?

JimH

• Administrator

If an album is private, you'll need to send each link.  But they could also see anything you've marked as public.

HTPC4ME

ok.. but if public.. that means that literally anyone can see the pics as well right? meaning strangers or anyone who uses pix01?

JimH

• Administrator

ok.. but if public.. that means that literally anyone can see the pics as well right? meaning strangers or anyone who uses pix01?
Yes.  Public means public.  Anyone.

HTPC4ME

awww ok was afraid of that. thanks

JimH

• Administrator

You might try uploading one of each to see how it works.

dcwebman

Pix01 works great for sharing with friends/family. There is that limitation of the number of photos but you'll just need to do multiple galleries.

Your other question about your own domain can be done by right-clicking on a set of images and selecting Send To - Gallery - Local Web Gallery. Then you can customize a template all you want and then FTP the files to your website.
Jeff

HTPC4ME

DC thats what i wanna do..
Your other question about your own domain can be done by right-clicking on a set of images and selecting Send To - Gallery - Local Web Gallery. Then you can customize a template all you want and then FTP the files to your website.
is there a cheat sheet here somewhere on the steps to accomplish that?

thanks

dcwebman

is there a cheat sheet here somewhere on the steps to accomplish that?
I couldn't find anything in the wiki but found these old topics:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52212.0

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39719.50
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up