INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazon -- select your country  (Read 2964 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Amazon -- select your country
« on: July 10, 2010, 02:33:25 pm »

MC has long had the Amazon store built in (under devices in the tree).  Now you can choose Amazon stores from the U.S., UK, Germany, France, or Canada.  Here's more:

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Amazon

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
Re: Amazon -- select your country
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 04:51:01 pm »

It wants me to download Amazons MP3 downloader... this doesn't seem right?
Has anyone else tried?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 05:06:15 pm »

That's correct.  It will use Amazon's downloader.

Mr ChriZ

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 06:51:39 am »

I installed the Amazon downloader, but everytime I try and 1-Click a song, it just takes me back to the amazon downloader page.

JohnT

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 07:57:32 am »

Does the 1-click button work correctly in IE outside of Media Center?  At the U.S. site I just see a "Buy MP3" button which brings up a "Open" or "Save" dialog, I click Open and the song downloads and starts playing.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 12:19:07 pm »

I installed the Amazon downloader, but everytime I try and 1-Click a song, it just takes me back to the amazon downloader page.
ditto that. Underneath that top box, there's some 'troubleshooting' text that contains a "click here" to enable the downloader with this browser. Clicking that brings the amz download up.

Next, the download is complete, and added to my WMP library. Nothing begins playing.

I checked the Amazon downloader options, and Media Center is not in the available "add to" list of applications.
I went back and bought a second track, expecting this one to be a bit smoother, but the experience was exactly the same as the first time around.
The "Downloads" item in MC is completely empty.

Windows 7 x64, latest MC, firefox is default browser, IE x86 and x64 both available for use.

-marko

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 12:32:47 pm »

I use roboform to manage my online accounts, and my passwords are all auto generated affairs that could never be remembered in a month of Sundays!!

Roboform is not visible in the MC window, which is fair enough and understandable, but, I should be able to right click on the page and use the roboform context menu entries to fill the login details.

Is there any possibility of the web page right click menu being made available?

Mr ChriZ

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 12:55:04 pm »

OK I made some progress.  I discovered that when you install the downloader it actually installs for the current default browser.  In my case that's chrome.  So to get ito to work I had to make IE the default, install and then I got further in MC.

I succeeded in purchasing a song, and it downloaded in the Amazon download tool, and then promptly opened up in Windows Media Player.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 01:11:29 pm »

I succeeded in purchasing a song, and it downloaded in the Amazon download tool, and then promptly opened up in Windows Media Player.
There's a setting for that in the downloader, if I recall correctly.

Edit -- My Amazon Downloader is set to "Do Nothing".

Mr ChriZ

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 03:02:21 pm »

OK I've changed that option.  Is it supposed to play in MC?

Also on another note the previews open up in WMP too.  M3u is associated to MC according to options.

Mr ChriZ

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 03:06:01 pm »

OK I've changed that option.  Is it supposed to play in MC?

Also on another note the previews open up in WMP too.  M3u is associated to MC according to options.

Actually I appear to have this problem:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=54812.0

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2010, 02:42:27 am »

For me, this is a long way from seamless integration into MC.

I cannot see any difference, or benefit to me, between purchasing an mp3 using a webpage in my browser, or a webpage running inside MC.

I would expect that if I download from inside MC, that the file I download be automatically imported, and that it is listed in the "Downloads" section of the tree, you know, the one where the tooltip proclaims "View downloaded media files"

I know I can easily create an "Amazon Downloads" view under "Audio", and add the Amazon Downloads folder to MC's auto-import list, which leads me back to wondering... Why? or perhaps, What am I missing here?

For a start, that there Amazon Downloader app should contain an "Add to Media Center Library" option. If they can do it for iTunes, they can do it for JRiver too!! Get them told Jim :)

Regards,
-marko

Mr ChriZ

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2010, 03:12:22 am »

For me, this is a long way from seamless integration into MC.

I cannot see any difference, or benefit to me, between purchasing an mp3 using a webpage in my browser, or a webpage running inside MC.

I would expect that if I download from inside MC, that the file I download be automatically imported, and that it is listed in the "Downloads" section of the tree, you know, the one where the tooltip proclaims "View downloaded media files"

I know I can easily create an "Amazon Downloads" view under "Audio", and add the Amazon Downloads folder to MC's auto-import list, which leads me back to wondering... Why? or perhaps, What am I missing here?

For a start, that there Amazon Downloader app should contain an "Add to Media Center Library" option. If they can do it for iTunes, they can do it for JRiver too!! Get them told Jim :)

Regards,
-marko

This was where I was getting too as well but couldn't be certain if it was just issues with my installation....
Pages: [1]   Go Up