INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Categories View - Columns Will Not Stick  (Read 2123 times)

vagskal

• Citizen of the Universe
Categories View - Columns Will Not Stick
« on: July 11, 2010, 05:28:00 am »

I am beginning to use Categories Views. One issue I am having is that the columns I set in Details List Style will not stick for other views than the initial. I have for instance an Artist Categories View set up to show categories in the Artist then Album order and display both categories in the Details List Style. The adjustments I make to the columns in the initial Artist view stick, but the adjustments I make to columns in the second view (with the albums for an artist) will not stick. When I go back to the initial (Artist) view and then return to the second (Album) view for the same or any other artist that view has more or less inherited the column settings for the initial view and my customization of the columns is gone. Well not completely gone since I discovered a way to get my customization back: If I in the second (Album) view switch from Details List Style to Thumbnails Details List Style and then back again, then my customization is back, but it gets lost again when I switch to the initial (Artist) view.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a known issue?

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
Re: Categories View - Columns Will Not Stick
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 06:08:24 pm »

I wonder if this is the same issue as I reported with My Connected Media columns not being retained?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

gappie

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 06:50:52 am »

vagskal, this was a bug a few builds ago. so when you are not using the build from the top of this forum, i would suggest you first update.

:)
gab

vagskal

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 06:57:33 am »

vagskal, this was a bug a few builds ago. so when you are not using the build from the top of this forum, i would suggest you first update.

:)
gab

I am already running the latest build (15.0.73) on Win 7.

vagskal

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 01:16:44 pm »

Bump.

Still having this issue with 15.0.130. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong? I read this post from someone who got the settings to stick for sub level categories when tree browsing, but altering the image setting did not work for the issue I reported: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=59907.msg404960#msg404960

An unrelated issue/"feature": If I do a search (type in the top right search box) in a top level categories view, the search result is not carried through to the subsequent categories views, i.e. if I have an album artist view and search for a composer name, I get to see only those album artists with albums where the search criteria composer exists, but if I drill down to the next (album) level I get all the albums for that album artist not just the albums where the search criteria composer has contributed. Is there a way to have search result carried through to subsequent views? (I tried to search the forums and the wiki but found no answer applicable to v. 15).
Pages: [1]   Go Up