INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing Playlists  (Read 1363 times)

jitainss

• Recent member
Importing Playlists
« on: July 18, 2010, 04:50:31 am »

I have playlists in m3u created by an earlier version of Media Center by a friend which I have copied and put into a folder where I have my music as well. Unfortunately, the import function (whether auto or manual) is not able to pick up the playlists. They are being picked up by my Sonos Controller so I know they exist and are OK. Please help - how do I import these playlists. Thanks, Jitain

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Importing Playlists
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 07:46:21 am »

You may need to add the playlist type to your import options.  These can be set from autoimport.

If the playlists point to a different location now, you will need to edit them (replace D: with C:, for example, same for folders).

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your purchase.

jitainss

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 11:36:15 pm »

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your response. I had already added m3u to my import options in playlist. In file locations there is no playlist option. Where do I find this so I can edit it and give the appropriate location?

Thanks,
Jitain

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 08:21:36 am »

jitainss, i think jim means that you have to edit the playlist itself, so that the filenames in the playlists are pointing to a correct file..you can also import playlist from the menu File\import playlist..
MT5FR

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 12:38:29 pm »

This may be obvious, but the imported playlists appear under the "Playlists > Imported Playlists" tree branch, not directly under "Playlists".

As already said, in any case, the filenames inside the playlist must be valid. Also the file path must be valid if the path is included in the filename (the directory path in the filename is necessary only if the audio files are not in the same folder with the playlist).

In other words, MC does not import playlist entries that do not point to existing disk files. You can use a text editor for checking and fixing m3u playlists. Notepad would work fine.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jitainss

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 01:13:56 am »

Thanks Alexe and Lasse,

The file path was not valid. Used notepad. So now all playlists downloaded. Thanks  :)
Jitain
Pages: [1]   Go Up