INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Having a few problems...  (Read 1401 times)

sd_smoker

Having a few problems...
« on: April 14, 2003, 01:56:30 pm »

I've done some searching and haven't come up with anything. Having said that, here are the problems I'm having with MJ.

1) After loading a playlist and randomizing, many songs are just skipped. If I double click them to play them, it just goes right to the next song.

2) The DSP Equalizer settings do not seem to stick. If I set the Equalizer and give it a name (ex. Custom 1), I can hear the changes in the sound. When I close the EQ, I lose any changes I have made. The EQ stays the same, but the sound is again flat as if I never made any changes.

3) Many times I'll go into an Artist's folder in MJ to find out that there are duplicates of each song in a particular album (sometimes in multiple albums). Nothing has changed in the actual folder on the HD, there are just duplicate entries in the MJ database for some reason.

I've actually got a couple more issues, but I'll leave it at that for now. Despite how this may look, I actually love MJ. It is leaps and bounds beyond any other media management software! :)

Any help is much appreciated.

rocketsauce

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Having a few problems...
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2003, 06:43:38 pm »

I think your problems 1) and 3) are related.

What most likely happened is that you moved some of your files using Windows Explorer. When you do this, MJ has no way of knowing what changes have been made, so it assumes that the files are still in their original locations and continues to list them in the Media Library. Then, the next time you do an import, the moved files are seen as new files. This is how you end up with duplicate listings that won't play.

To delete duplicates, go to File/Library/Update Library. Under the Clean Up section, check Remove Files Which Do Not Exist and under File Information choose Do Not Update Database Fields.

Rob

sd_smoker

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2003, 07:45:03 pm »

Initially, I thought it was something like that too. Then I realized that when I import new files, I always specify only the folder in which the new files reside so I should not be getting duplicates. Also, if I reload Now Playing with only the album with the bad songs, without randomizing, I can play them all with no problem.

sd_smoker

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2003, 09:00:43 am »

Assuming I don't find any answers here, am I SOL?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2003, 09:02:27 am »

Rocketsauce is correct.  Please try his suggestion.

sd_smoker

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2003, 09:51:15 pm »

Alright, I've tried the above suggestion and everything appears to work so far.

One more question. Many of the radio stations I've tried to use in MJ require some sort of login. If I were to register with them, how would I go about logging in thru MJ. I've tried a search on this to no avail as well. Thanks for any input...
Pages: [1]   Go Up