INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Import.  (Read 2144 times)

jlb

Problem with Import.
« on: July 24, 2010, 11:48:32 pm »

Hello I recently purchased Media Center 15 to handle my music and movie library. I notice the other day that MC is not importing all my movies. My movie library consists of .AVI, .RMVB, .MKV and .WMV files. I've noticed that each format has been imported successfully however not all the movies. Some .RMVB and .MKV movies are ignored even if import the specific folder.

Can someone tell me how to solve this problem?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Problem with Import.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 09:02:23 am »

Welcome to the forum.

In the Import options, you can specify which filetypes to import.

If MC can't find a DirectShow filter for a filetype, it may import it as a Data type file.

You could read about DirectShow and CCCP in the wiki (link above).

MusicHawk

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 11:23:22 am »

Is there a chance the "missing" files were imported at least once, then removed from the library? If so, make sure Import option "Ignore files previously removed from library" is not checked.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

jlb

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 12:10:44 am »

MusicHawk: The files haven't been imported before.

JimH, I have properly configured the filetypes in the import. How do I know when I file was imported as a Data type file?
All the video file type (MKV, AVI, RMVB etc) have been configured in MC to use an external player instead of the external player so basically I just need to make sure MC is importing the files.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 06:37:51 am »

I have properly configured the filetypes in the import. How do I know when I file was imported as a Data type file?
All the video file type (MKV, AVI, RMVB etc) have been configured in MC to use an external player instead of the external player so basically I just need to make sure MC is importing the files.
Search for it under the media type Data.

jlb

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 05:57:03 pm »

It shows in the documents node of the treeview. How can I make this file to be treated as a movie (because is one) so it shows on the screen in theater view among with the other movies?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 05:57:14 am »

It shows in the documents node of the treeview. How can I make this file to be treated as a movie (because is one) so it shows on the screen in theater view among with the other movies?

Select those files that showed up under Documents, and click Tag in Action Window.  Click the icon at upper left corner of Tag window and make sure "Show All Tags" is checked.  Then scroll down to find "Media Type", and change the value from "Data" to "Video".
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

jlb

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 10:44:08 pm »

that actually worked. thanks a lot. just out of curiosity, do you know the reason those files are not getting imported as  videos?
Pages: [1]   Go Up