Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ART  (Read 2691 times)

maid

• Citizen of the Universe
ART
« on: July 26, 2010, 12:17:15 am »

I keep my cover art in the same folder as the file.

I now have an ART COVER ART and COVERART folder.

Where should my Album art go
Do I need copies of my jpg video pics?

Confused  ?
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

maid

Re: ART
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 11:33:10 pm »

Nobody  ? ?
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 03:17:45 am »

Confused  ?

I am now.

I keep my cover art in the same folder as the file.

Good, but what do you actually mean by keeping? How do you add cover art? When you say "I keep" I get the impression that you have video file/files in a folder and you store an image file /files there outside MC. Then you either use the automatic or manual cover art features in MC for creating the cover art link or links. However, I guess you mean something else.

I now have an ART COVER ART and COVERART folder.

Again, the first impression is that you created those folders, but probably you mean something else.

Where should my Album art go

What do you have set in Options > File Location > Cover Art... ? The automatic tools use the specified location, but you can manually link any jpg file from any location and thus use it as cover art.

Do I need copies of my jpg video pics?

You need only one jpg file for each different cover art image (except the possible backup copies, but backing up your data is not the topic). You cannot store images inside video files with MC if you mean that (the WMV format is an exception).

As you can see, quite a bit more info is needed before anyone can understand your situation.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

maid

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 05:12:08 pm »

I use pvd import to get my covers.

I have not created any cover art folders.

My setting are in the same folder as the file I also store the image in the file tag.

My system seems to be creating folders for different art how do i put them in one place?

Thanks for trying to help

reinhars

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 05:52:51 pm »

Hello,

this topic is the one which teases me most. I did not understand the mechanism how it is working in specially with movies.

Short description of the problem:

I have a pc running MC. MC is getting the files from a server network share. For movies the folders are like:

movie a
          \VIDEO_TS
          \AUDIO_TS
          folder.jpg

So, it means that the folder.jpg contains the picture of the movie and the file is located under the movie folder (movie a for example).

When I start the autoimport MC does never recognizes the picture. Therefore I use the option "cover art" and then "get from file". Then in MC the movie show the right picture. By having over 1500 movies this is a boring job!!! So what did I wrong???

After doing this, I thought that the information of the cover art was stored to any extra information by a movie file like mp3-tags are (like it works with CDs). So, when I installed MC to my server and run autoimport I thought that the picture will shown up right to the movie, but it did not happen.

Can anyone please explain me the whole mechanism how the pictures are linked with MC video information or send me just a link wher I can findt those  informations??

And a last question: Is there any way to edit the movie information by my own? Where is it stored??

Thanks Reiner

maid

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 05:07:21 pm »

Can someone please help with where to keep my album art and cover art??

Cheers ?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 09:06:40 pm »

Please try the wiki article on "Cover Art".

maid

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 09:08:57 pm »

I did but thanks anyway I will try and read it again.

reinhars

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 07:36:42 am »

Sorry, for saying this, but the answer is not the wiki!!!!

The wiki only discusses the issues with cover arts in the music area, but not with cover arts in the video area AND is no documentation!!!

So, please can anyone answer the questions.

After upgrading to version 15.0.80 I lost all my cover arts, which I connected to the videos by "selecting from file". It costs me hours to do so for over 1500 videos. So, what is the automatic mechanism to import these cover arts into the databse??

Remember: My file structure is

movie name\
                 video_ts\
                 audio_ts\
                 folder.jpg (the cover art for the movie)

I really appreciate help!!

Thanks Reiner

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 07:41:12 am »

If the set cover art location in Options is "In the same folder as the file (as Folder.jpg)" you need to place the folder.jpg file in the VIDEO_TS folder.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 07:47:07 am »

I use pvd import to get my covers.

Can someone please help with where to keep my album art and cover art??

Probably the folders are created by PVD. PVD Import is a third party plug-in that can import PVD data. I don't know if it just creates links to whatever images PVD has or if it can copy the image files to the location that is set in MC options.

You should be able to select the video files and copy the existing image files to the location that is set in the options and automatically adjust the cover art links accordingly: select the videos > right-click > Cover Art > Save Cover Art To External Location Specified In Options. This will not work if the cover art links are already broken and it will not change how PDV Import works.

reinhars

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 01:23:47 pm »

Hi Alex,

thanks for your reply. I set the options as you mentioned, but the result is still wrong.

If I put the folder.jpg to the video_ts directory and rerun import the result is, that I have a correct entry for the movie name without the cover art plus an extra entry for the cover art with the name "folder". If I try to run the folder file it only displays me the folder picture in large size and it does not run the video. If I rename the folder.jpg file to "name of movie.jpg", the behaviour is the same as described above.

If I set cover art location in Options "In the same folder as the file (as Folder.jpg)" or "In the same folder as the file" the behaviour ist still identic for both options.
Maybe I am stupid or did not right, but I only want to have one entrance for each movie appearing with the picture of the movie and able to run if I choose run. So what I am doing wrong???

Hint: If I choose for the movie entrance (without a picture) the option  "cover art" and then "add from file" the picture is stored correct to the movie entrance. So, how is the mechanism to do this behaviour automatic when I am importing files??

Thanks again

Reiner

reinhars

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 01:28:33 pm »

Sorry I forgot!! No PVD or other tools are ued. Creation of video files are done with clonedvd, that's it.

Last question: Is there any similar option for video files like at music files with the mp3-tags?? If yes, what program should I use??

Thanks Reiner

rick.ca

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 04:00:12 pm »

Probably the folders are created by PVD. PVD Import is a third party plug-in that can import PVD data. I don't know if it just creates links to whatever images PVD has or if it can copy the image files to the location that is set in MC options.

PvdImport can be configured to save posters
  • in the same folder as the video
  • in the same folder as the video, as folder.jpg; or
  • in a specified folder

These, of course, are the same choices available in MC—and the two should be the same.

My suggestion to maid would be to set these to in the same folder as the video. Set PvdImport to "Do cover art" and run a mass import. That will ensure a cover exists in the right place for each movie. To get MC to "see" those, it's probably necessary to Remove cover art (do not delete from HDD) to remove invalid references, and then Quick find to record the new/correct ones.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 05:54:46 pm »

I set the options as you mentioned, but the result is still wrong.

If I put the folder.jpg to the video_ts directory and rerun import the result is, that I have a correct entry for the movie name without the cover art plus an extra entry for the cover art with the name "folder". If I try to run the folder file it only displays me the folder picture in large size and it does not run the video. If I rename the folder.jpg file to "name of movie.jpg", the behaviour is the same as described above.

If I set cover art location in Options "In the same folder as the file (as Folder.jpg)" or "In the same folder as the file" the behaviour ist still identic for both options.
Maybe I am stupid or did not right, but I only want to have one entrance for each movie appearing with the picture of the movie and able to run if I choose run. So what I am doing wrong???

Hint: If I choose for the movie entrance (without a picture) the option  "cover art" and then "add from file" the picture is stored correct to the movie entrance. So, how is the mechanism to do this behaviour automatic when I am importing files?

There is no need to import the folder.jpg files. You can delete them from the library and set the import options to not import them.

You can manually link any image file by using the "add cover art" command: right-click > Cover Art > Add...

However, the "quick find" tool should also work: select the video files > right-click > Quick Find...

A correctly named is and located cover art image is usually found automatically when a video file is first imported, but I have not tested if the situation is different when the video is actually a bunch of files in the VIDEO_TS folder.

Last question: Is there any similar option for video files like at music files with the mp3-tags? If yes, what program should I use?

A quote from my earlier reply in this thread:
You cannot store images inside video files with MC if you mean that (the WMV format is an exception).

Windows Media Video can be tagged freely and MC can also embed cover art to WMV. Also some other formats may contain image files (e.g. Matroska and MP4), but MC doesn't support cover art in those formats.
Pages: [1]   Go Up