INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DB Look-Up problem - with characters from Spanish Language CD's.  (Read 911 times)

tangolovers

• World Citizen

This is a new problem that wasn't there before.  Many of my CD's are International - especially from South America.  In the past, any characters used in the spanish language (containing characters such as: é, í, ñ, ú) always came through just fine.  Now they are not. In my process of re-ripping, I am finding the DB Lookup to be much worse than before.   For example "Que Falta Que Me Hac←s" should read Que Falta Que Me Hacés".  My previously ripped version of the same CD was just fine.  

Also, some of the titles and cover art are not coming through as completely or accurately as before, but I didn't think at the time to make notes as to the details, I just ignored it.  I'll try to send some details on this later, but the issue above is still quite a nuisance.  Anyone else run into this?

THanks,
Susie
SusieM - I'm Using MC on MacOS & Windows 10.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: DB Look-Up problem - with characters from Spanish Language CD's.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 06:22:20 pm »

Did you change the charset of your computer? The data in the database is UTF8

j

tangolovers

• World Citizen
Re: DB Look-Up problem - with characters from Spanish Language CD's.
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 06:52:26 pm »

Hi John... thanks for the quick response.  No, I did not change my character set and wouldn't know how to if I wanted.  But only recently experienced this problem.  By the way, I've noticed it on a CD compilation a friend gave me recently and he is running the latest MC15 too.  So, I don't think it's just my computer.  Hope there's an easy solution.  But all in all, I'm feeling like the titles that come back from the lookup is not what it used to be.

Thanks,
Susie
SusieM - I'm Using MC on MacOS & Windows 10.
Pages: [1]   Go Up