INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't Restore Previous License  (Read 1974 times)

LESM

Can't Restore Previous License
« on: June 21, 2002, 07:05:49 am »

After browsing other messages on this forum, it appears that restoring a previous license in version 8 is problematic. I too am experiencing this problem and it seems that some of your forum users are getting frustrated with the lack of a clear solution. My own experience is as follows:

1. I can't restore the license. Messaeg reads "This is not a valid license for Media Jukebox 8"
2. I attempt to restore from the Internet but my email address has changed and your database isn't recognizing my old email address so I can't get a new install key.
3. There is no telephone support and there is no direct email address for support.
4. My only remaining option is this forum and the first thing that see when I visit the forum is messgaes from frustrated users aren't getting a solution to their problem.

WE ARE PAYING CUSTOMERS. PLEASE GIVE US A SOLUTION. GIVE US AN EMAIL ADDRESS WHERE WE CAN SEND YOU THE OLD KEY AS PROOF OF PURCHASE AND YOU CAN MAIL US A NEW ONE. PLEASE DO SOMETHING BESIDES THIS FORUM. IT IS NOT AN ACCEPTABLE LEVEL OF SUPPORT. YOUR WEBSITE STATES THE FOLLOWING:

On purchase, you receive a permanent registration code.  This is a proof of purchase that can be used at any time to acquire a new install key.  The key must be installed  within 14 days of its generation, but as long as you have the permanent registration code, you can get a new key by visiting the restore page (more below).

WELL, I HAVE PROOF OF PURCHASE BUT YOU HAVE NOT PROVIDED A WAY FOR ME TO GIVE THAT TO YOU.

STOP PLAYING GAMES!!!

ama_mmmc

• World Citizen
RE:Can't Restore Previous License
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2002, 07:16:30 am »

I would make a couple of comments about your message.

First, this is the support area.  There is not an e-mail, or telephone number that you can contact as a first line of support.  Most of the MJ users find this area extremely helpful.

Second, yelling will not get your problem resolved any quicker.  There are many people here that would like to offer some of their assistance, and the JRiver team is here as well to offer thier support.

Third, if you ask for some help, wait a short time, then someone will try and help you.  

I have not had the trouble you have, but my guess is that someone from JRiver will be interested in helping you solve your problem.  Please be patient.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2002, 07:16:57 am »

Please try to stay calm and avoid derisive commentary.  We will try our best to help.

What do you have: a registration code, or a .rrg file?  If you have an .rrg file, what is its name?  If you have a registration code, have you tried entering it on the restore page?

Thank you for your patience.

-Matt
JRiver, Inc.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2002, 07:21:18 am »

You might take a look at which licenses work with which software.  Check both the FAQs (7.x and 8.0).  You probably have an older license.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

proffeecom

Re: Can't Restore Previous License
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 03:56:53 pm »

Hi and thanks in advance for your support! I have a similar problem as some other users. Purchased Media Jukebox 9 long time ago and it's been awhile since I stopped using it...
Now that I see the Media Center being a completely different animal, I need to  purchase an upgrade license. Problem is (now to the point), I no longer have an access to my email address, when I registered and I can't find any information, related to my license, associated with the Jukebox 9 soft. The question is: is there any way to restore my license by providing name and address and if so, who do I contact?
Thank you!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 04:41:35 pm »

On the Restore Page (which you can find here), you can use your old e-mail and your password to be able to change your e-mail.

If that doesn't work, send your details to jimh at jriver.

BTW, there was no MJ9.  It was Media Center 9.

proffeecom

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 06:07:42 pm »

it looks like I'm going to have to send my details in an e-mail. Trying to restore license through the website didn't work. About the MJ9, not sure, you could be right. It's been awhile, I probably don't remember all details. Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up