INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MCE Remote - The Green Button  (Read 1080 times)

Clump

• Recent member
MCE Remote - The Green Button
« on: August 04, 2010, 10:12:22 pm »

I just purchased MC 15 tonight.  I'm running the stable version, 15.080.  Having fun with it, but I have 1 problem.  Using an MCE remote (very similar to what J River sells) the green button will not launch MC.  It launched WMC before I disabled it in MC 15 and it will toggle the theate view as expected.  Other commads work fine also, just no startup of MC15 from the green button.

I've searched, fiddled and don't find a way to enable it to start MC15.  What am I missing?

FWIW - I'm running Windows 7 x64 Home Premium.

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: MCE Remote - The Green Button
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 10:16:38 pm »

Welcome to Interact.  Are you running XP?

There is a page on Media Center Remote on our wiki?

Clump

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 05:42:56 am »

I'm running Windows 7 x64 Home Premium.

I've been through the wiki, this forum and the options in MC15.  It seems that launching via the green button should just work, but in my case it does not.  I can't find any setting for it.  Further, in the remote setup in MC15 where it can learn commands there is no startup command.  Perhaps it can be added?

Clump

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 06:41:08 pm »

I upgraded to 15.0.087 and have the same behavior.  I'm using a Logitech Harmony One remote (I also have the MCE remote) so was able to set it up as a MCE keyboard and get access to the function keys (F1, etc.) and use F9 to launch MC 15.  If anyone needs details on this I'd be happy to provide them.

For now this is working.  I sure would like to know why it doesn't work as advertised.
Pages: [1]   Go Up