INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VST plugin preset load  (Read 1617 times)

BradC

• World Citizen
VST plugin preset load
« on: August 08, 2010, 03:49:29 am »

Hi

I am using Art Teknika Console VST Host plugin to do room correction, crossover and delay as the given controls in DSP studio don;t give the abaility to control channel routing as in Console.

However I have one issue with the way MC loads the console VST plugin: it won;t load it with a saved file. So every time I start MC, I have to load a file in console.

I think this would be fixed if the  Program: Unnamed slot(0) in DSP managaer function would work. Then this would load the console plugin with a saved file.

Is there any chance of getting this looked at and fixed?

Brad

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: VST plugin preset load
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 09:58:37 am »

Do you know if it behaves differently in other hosts?

We do try to save and load settings between runs.  I don't think all plugins support it though.  We'll do some more testing on our side as well.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

BradC

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 08:10:03 am »

Thanks for the quick reply.

I tested the use of Console in another VST Host - Plogue Bidule. In Plogue Bidule, when a session is saved, it also saves the settings in the plugin version of Console. That is, it works as expected and loads the session of the Console plugin version without having to explicitly load anything in console.

SO I believe that Console behaves correctly. Similar functionality inside MC would be greatly appreciated.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 11:54:04 am »

VST plugins have programs and parameters, and we save and load parameters between runs.  This is enough for most plugins.

But there is also something called "chunks" that can be get and set (effGetChunk / effSetChunk).  We don't deal with chunks.  Is this needed for settings with some plugins?

The VST spec is pretty loose with regards to configuration.  Does anyone have any insights?

Thanks.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 01:07:42 pm »

It looks like some plugins use chunks and some use parameters.

Media Center 15.0.93 (and newer) will nicely support chunk-type plugins:
Changed: Saving and loading of VST plugin settings and presets works nicely with more plugins like Span, Console, or other chunk-based setting plugins.

BradC

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 10:44:54 pm »

Hi

Unfortunately 15.095 didn't work with Console on my machine running windows 7 32bit.

It refused to load Console and had a visual C++ runtime error, stating that it was requested to terminate in an unusual way.

Have you had this bug, or do I perhaps need a different runtime installed?
Pages: [1]   Go Up