INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: anyone using a lot of old Roku SoundBridges?  (Read 1360 times)

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
anyone using a lot of old Roku SoundBridges?
« on: August 07, 2010, 05:21:45 pm »

In a few days I'm going to have the opportunity to pick up about a half dozen new old-stock Roku M2000 Soundbridges at a very, very nice package price (all six for about the price of one Squeezebox).  I am already running a pair of the M1000 units (which might be for sale) and am quite happy with them.

Before I go and spend what will likely be my major AV money this year (besides a hypothetical upgrade to MC!!), can anyone tell me if they are using this many SoundBridges as zones and are there any gotchas when doing so?  Or..... as nice as the SoundBridges are should I walk away from these discontinued products and go for something more 'current' in terms of support, etc, etc.

thanks

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: anyone using a lot of old Roku SoundBridges?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 05:23:24 pm »

Ok, picked up my SoundBridges from the estate auction.  There are actually seven (!!) of them.  One was listed as unknown because they were short an a/c adapter.  Works fine.  Spend approx $200 on the box.  Nice deal.

All seven M2000s connected properly to the roku web site for firmware updates.  Now to decide what to do with them and what kind of 'standard' shelf system I'm going to pick up to support them.

For those of your in Minnesota, AEI Electronics in Golden Valley is carrying the new compact line of Teac components.  Look and sound very nice.  Might jump at them if I can talk the sales droids into a bulk discount.
Pages: [1]   Go Up